Here we go (Update)

Options
pennycrayon
pennycrayon Member Posts: 69
edited 17. Jun 2010, 17:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone.

As some of you will know I went for my first methotrexate injection today since coming off the tablet form. I got a bit of a surprise when I got there. I thought I was going for an injection and that after a few weeks/months, eventually they would teach me how to do it myself. Nope. The nurse gave me a lesson, watched me do it and sent me home with a months supply. To quote my nurse "you have a life, you don't need to be coming here once a week, you can inject yourself". It made me smile.

I was a bit dazed. It was okay though. I found it easy to do and it didnt hurt at all. The nurse is really good. I have to go to her drop-in clinic every 4 weeks for about 3-4 months to make sure everything is ok and to get my next supply and then once they know everything is okay, the methotrexate and everything will be delivered to my house.

Feel quite positive since coming home and am hoping it will be a good change. Though I do think they are selling my blood on the black market-they took about 15 pints :-). (only because I took part in a medical stud and then they took normal bloods).

Hope everyone is okay
xx

Comments

• marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Pennycrayon

Glad it went well.. the anticipation is worse than actually doing it, I found.

I have got plenty of 'inches to pinch' on my tummy, so I have no problems with injecting!!

Best wishes

Marion
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi i always reckon they are vampires docs and rhummys always want blood lol so glad it went so well nice suprise for you not having to go up there every week val
    val
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Well done you, hope it helps.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Why does provision vary so much? Oh god, this is annoying, but that's my problem. I wish you well pennycrayon. I hope it works for you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • pennycrayon
    pennycrayon Member Posts: 69
    Options
    I noticed that from reading posts on here. Everyone seems to have different experiences regarding injecting themselves or delivery of needles etc. I dont understand why it isnt the same everywhere? I wonder if it varies in the south to the north? Or if it just varies PCT to PCT? Hmm....