ESA Too Funny - did I think I was a miracle worker??

Options
carola
carola Member Posts: 786
edited 18. Jun 2010, 07:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
Good Morning my Friends
Hope you are having a decent day.
I was busy posting various messages on this site when my post arrived and made myself laugh.
10 days ago I applied for ESA and rec'd a letter today saying I had been awarded it. I felt like jumping up and down with joy (if I could! :lol: ) but then got realistic.
Initially I thought heck I must've by passed the medicals etc - a true success story! ..... not!!
I phoned them to doublecheck and my reality check was correct - still to go through the whole adventure.
Just thought you would all appreciate just how positive minded I can be actually thinking that I had done it all with a couple of forms haha :lol:
Sometimes I think I am on my own little planet haha :lol:
Have a good day and keep smiling :lol: Carol x

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sometimes I think I am on my own little planet haha
    I like the sound of your planet - can I join you on it?!!

Good luck with the ESA interview etc ...

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am confused (little sleep). I thought you were appealing against a decision not to award it to you, but they have? What are mung beans like? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • carola
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I am confused (little sleep). I thought you were appealing against a decision not to award it to you, but they have? What are mung beans like? DD

Hi DD

Sorry you didn't get a decent sleep - me too - don't think the muggy weather at night is helping us!

No, not at appealing stage yet. I have applied for ESA and DLA. With ESA they told me today have switched me from job seekers to ESA whilst I await to take medicals as I had to give up work in March due to this blasted aches & pains. With DLA I am awaiting a form to complete.
    You ask about mung beans? You make me smile DD. The mung beans actually taste ok - they taste of summer I think however on my first day of the healthy eating I just cooked a whole bowlful of them instead of using as a side dish so put me off a wee bit :lol:
    Hope you get a decent sleep tonight
  • carola
    Options
    speedalong wrote:
    Sometimes I think I am on my own little planet haha
    I like the sound of your planet - can I join you on it?!!

Good luck with the ESA interview etc ...

Speedy

You bet you can join me on my plant Speedy! :lol:
    I have a petition running on my planet to banish Arthur :lol:
    Carol x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It's anything but muggy here: 12 degrees and dark. You are five days in now - any noticeable difference? What about endemame beans - they sustain Posh. And what a fine example of womanhood she is. DD (who's now getting snarky - might be time to go!)
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • carola
    Options
    Dreamdaisy

I live in Edinburgh and it is hot hot hot up here! 8)

I shall send some sunshine to you right now.

So if I eat the beans I could look like Posh?? Photos of here feet and bunions put me right off her. I cannae believe people intentionally deform themselves for the sake of fashion .... or am I just saying that to make me feel better as I currently live in flip flops and white baggy linen trousers?!

Carolx
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Hi Carol

now the fun begins, ESA medical, get turned down, go to appeal etc etc

Good luck Carol, the benefit system is farcical (sp)

mung beans- what are they? Sound horrific!

Janie