Diffrent types of inflammation???

Options
bailey27
bailey27 Member Posts: 689
edited 18. Jun 2010, 14:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, to cut a long story short. The ultrasound i was waiting for i ended up going private and paying for it today. It showed up inflammation / bursitis, no quite sure the differance. I have been needing something to show up in order to for the rheumy to let me know whats happening.
She said there was fluid in the shoulder which was why i couldnt raise it. Is this enough for the rheumy to need to show inflammation??

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Bailey,

I am sorry you are having such a hard time there.

Its got to be enough for him now surely! With luck they might be able to get the fluid off your shoulder and treat the bursitis for you at least. I do hope they get you some much needed and overdue help. Luv Cris x
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Options
    Hi Bailey, I hope that the scan results are enough for you to be taken seriously now.

It's disgraceful that you've had to take matters into your own hands though.

Good luck,

Lois x
  • bailey27
    Options
    Hi thanks both
    so is bursitis lined to arthritis? if i got fluid in there is this a sign of arthritis or could it just be there on its own accord??
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Bailey,

I hope you rheumy eats his hat - that you had to pay for the ultrasound to prove there was inflammation! Tell him to get out his cheque book!

I'm sorry I don't know anything about bursitis - have you posted on the helpline forum?

At least you now know why you are in pain and are having problems with mobility. When does the treatment start?

Take care,

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • bailey27
    Options
    Hi
    not sure about treatment as i only got it done today and dont see rheumy til august.
    s'pose i'll have to wait until i see the rheumy for treatment, not really sure what happens next.
    Last time i saw him he told me to come down on the pred. But whenever i come down on them something flares up, and this week it happens to be my shoulder. It was my GP that suggested an ultrasound. I have the x ray on monday so i am hoping that it will show something too. I am guessing the ultrasound report will go back to my gp as it was him that gave me the referral to go get it done.
    not really sure. :|
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Options
    Hi again,

If there is definite evidence of bursitis, it might be worth asking your GP for a re-referral to the rheumy or to a physio on the NHS as inflammation shouldn't really go untreated.

Stomp, stomp and stomp some more until they take you more seriously! Needs must sometimes!

Lois x
  • bailey27
    Options
    wibberley wrote:
    Hi again,

If there is definite evidence of bursitis, it might be worth asking your GP for a re-referral to the rheumy or to a physio on the NHS as inflammation shouldn't really go untreated.

Stomp, stomp and stomp some more until they take you more seriously! Needs must sometimes!

Lois x

Hi, yes there was definate signs of it as she pointd it out to me and showed me the fluid ocmpressing as i tried to lift arm up. Fab when you go private because they actually take the time out and show you. She highlighted it and put little crosses on etc.

I see the rheumy again in august so will have to wait i am guessing. Hope fully this will ease off soon as i am struggling to move my shoulder at all at the moment as it is so stiff.