SLEEP !!

Options
rosyred
rosyred Member Posts: 150
edited 22. Jun 2010, 01:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well here i am again wide awake, after a few weeks of sleep..
Thought i had got myself into a nice night time routine :cry:

Anyone else get this. i can sleep for hrs in the day and then again at night, Then wham im back to wide awake club and feeling so alone when the house is sleeping and im there druming my fingers..

Dont know if this is related to arther or its just me.... The pain is not to bad at night so i cant say its that ...
Anyway another hot chco is being made and oh what to watch or read hummmm to much excitment for me to deal with ooo the choices i have to make :x when all i wanna do is cuddle up to hubby and sleep !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hope you start to feel sleepy soon Rosered. I'm off to bed now ... though by the time I have been downstairs to put the house to bed, got undressed etc etc I'll probably be wide awake too ...

Goodnight, hope the hot choc works for you/

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • rosyred
    rosyred Member Posts: 150
    Options
    Thk you speedy..
    Here is wishing you a very peacefull nights sleep...

Im of to play with my newist member of our family now ( kitten called boo) Thats if she will wake up lol

Good night xx
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    I am afraid that erratic sleep patterns are normal for arthritis sufferers. That's why I watch night telly and am online at this hour.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Rosy, Speedy and Joseph,

Snap but I am about to go ad ignore the pain... if I can :roll:

hope you all get some decent sleep soon. Cris xx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    rosyred wrote:
    Well here i am again wide awake, after a few weeks of sleep..
    Thought i had got myself into a nice night time routine :cry:

Anyone else get this. i can sleep for hrs in the day and then again at night, Then wham im back to wide awake club and feeling so alone when the house is sleeping and im there druming my fingers..

Dont know if this is related to arther or its just me.... The pain is not to bad at night so i cant say its that ...
    Anyway another hot chco is being made and oh what to watch or read hummmm to much excitment for me to deal with ooo the choices i have to make :x when all i wanna do is cuddle up to hubby and sleep !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Rosyred

There are a few of us who are awake at night. We post in the cafe on CChat also On Night Owls which lets peeps know if someone is awake.

Sometimes we have a laugh. So if you cannot sleep you are always welcome to pop in.

love Trish xxx
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    Hi Rosy and welcome to the wide awake club. I felt sure this was gonna be the night I slept through but no here I am again at this silly hour and wide awake. It does seem to be something that goes with the territory of having the dreaded arthur. As others have said, there are one or two of us that are regularly awake through the night so why not pop in to the cafe or to nightowls and join us. Look forward to seeing you there. Hope you do have a good night tonight tho and are not too restless. Best wishes, Brenda xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I nearly did my 24 hours yesterday. I woke at 1.35am Friday, by 10pm last night I was thinking I could do it, only 3.5 hours to go. I even had a coffee to keep awake! At 1.10am today the vuvuprat came to bed and found me snoring gently. So close, so close . . .DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, I can relate to the wide awake club, I take Amitriptylline and Tramadol and still can't sleep, I feed the cat at 6.30am and crash out like a light, I am so tired that I end up back in bed around 3.30pm unable to stay awake love Jaspercatxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh yes, I know the 3.30 slump very well indeed! DD
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Well anyone reading my recent posts will have realised how I can sympathise with you Rosy.
    I can get to sleep but waken up dring the night a few times {usually with pain} and lkike you I can sleep on a clothes line djuring the day LOL

Never thought of coming on here in the middle of the night

Love
    Holeena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    People are about then, hileena, I promise you. Usually trisher and mummyb, tho others do pop in, P&F for one. DD
  • hileena111
    Options
    I've never looked at any forum other than this one.....I'll have to have a look and see where they are

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh hun, you've missed out! Chit-chat is fun, working matters interesting, young person's heartbreaking and the tech one good for any queries you might have. I recommend them all. DD
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Dont work any more....and am not a young person LOL

Love
    Hileena
  • anglerman
    anglerman Member Posts: 42
    Options
    You are not oon your own with the sleep problem I have OA in both hips along with a few other things and I am convinced if I were tied to the bed in a laid flat position i would sleep.its the movement whilst asleep that gives pain the wakes me up.
    and its off downstairs pot a tea
    computer or telly on until i drop off again
    pretty crap really
    Do not want to take pills though
    :)
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Sleep...... kinda remember it..... :lol::lol::lol: I could actually juts now but thing to do.... then payback pain and cramp till the tablets zonk me for a few hours....

I hope you all are sleeping and sending a sleep draft to you all. Cris x
  • jaen333
    jaen333 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi
    Sorry not been on here for a while - came on this morning to ask why so much pain in the night and cant sleep - seems its part of Arthurs world and a lot of you have same problem. Trying all the different pillows etc etc but have found only comfy position is on by back - I cant sleep like that so keep waking up - cry in sleep and moan and groan ( he indoors tells me) he is brilliant and tries to cuddle me but cant get comfy. I hate arther with a vengance.

He manages to creep in to everything - our love life!!! as well plus we have added problem of my man struggling now with 'man' prob - without too much info think you know what I mean so added pressure which we dont need. His prob we can share if you know what I mean but mine is all mine - thank you arther.

New to his stupid games so still in denial and angry and and and.
    Find it so weird that can cope all day and when comfy cosy bed calls after 10/15 mins off he starts jabbing away.

Hey ho got that off my chest - sorry everyone but as you all know gets to you

Hey ho sun is shinning so make the most of a beautiful day - - put a smile on my face and get on with it.
    Love to all fellow sufferers and thanks for listening
    Jaen xxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    You poor things, I sympathise. Arthritis is a remarkably invasive disease, it isn't just the joints that are affected and I think many docs forget that. It spills into all areas of life, making everything so much more difficult. And who can you talk to about it? What would be the advice? We just have to muddle through as best we can.

It may also help to take your pain meds about an hour before bed, so they start to kick in. Perhaps you need some stronger ones, because being tired makes everything worse! DD
  • jaen333
    jaen333 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks Dreamdaisy

Have tried the meds later in evening but no difference. Yep it certainly is a muddly world. Friends are great but in all honesty it becomes boring to keep talking about it but its with us everyday.
    You cant see mine (i am lucky that hands and feet are not affected) so difficult for anyone who does not suffer to understand the full implications of how nasty arther can be.

Still sun shining so smile needed and I can still drive and get about so am one of the lucky ones. Its the frustration of everyday things that gets to you.

Enough winging - take care and thanks again
    Jaen xxxxx
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    'Tis interesting a few peeps saying they suffer the 3.30pm slump as I do too at around that time.

When I started taking x2 Tramadol at bed time although I still woke up about 6 times a night I was able to go back to sleep again however this last week it isn't working. I am thinking of 'coming off' Tramadol for a few nights incase my body is used to them now. Has anyone else done that?
    Thanks, Carol
    PS: Sweet dreams my Friends for 3.30pm today :lol:
  • hileena111
    Options
    I was on tamradol when i came out of the hospital after THR but eventually had to stop them because i was like a zombie during the day...and didnt sleep much at night either. I was on them 3 day sion hopspital and then 6 weeks after coming out so dont know if I had got used to them?????
    Love
    Hileena
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    I seldom have a full nights sleep I'm sad to say. Started with the never ending menopausal night sweats and has carried on ever since. The night sweats have come back with avengence but I think its the inflammation that courses it now. Sadly I have gone back to having a snooze after tea. Ho hum at least I'm used to wandering the halls. Even the cat does not get up with me anymore. :(
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hey ironic, I had a Jessicar parked outside mine today. Red, but very sweet nonetheless. DD
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hey ironic, I had a Jessicar parked outside mine today. Red, but very sweet nonetheless. DD

Yes Ive seen a few red ones running about. Do you think there breeding? Done 250 miles now, taking my mum out on weds so I hope it gets the seal of approval. Shes 91 going on 75.

How's the little blue one? Beep Beep
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Clean and lovely, unlike her owner. DD