The England team.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 20. Jun 2010, 10:31 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well I don't normally do football but when it's a world cup I do, England always seem to act in the same was ie 11 men having a park kick about, never been any different I think any local none league team could give them a run for their money, and money is the problem here.
They are each paid so much and fawned over by so many assistance they have lost their way, today they are more like pampered rock stars high on inflated adulation and serious brown nosing, nothing will happen unless they work as a team and not a supergroup, as it is they are only interested in the doing their 2 minute solo in the spot light and to hell with everyone else, they need direction and drive and a lot less money, you can see what type of people they are by the constant tails in the press of affaires and drunken antics, they act like spoilt kids who always get what they want, and in reality that is what they are, a colection of undisciplined and self interested indaviduals, they fight cheat and spit all over the pitch they act up when tackled and generally can't be trusted not to cheat the minute the ref's back is turned.

Give me rugby any day a real mans sport played by decent but hard men who don't cry when the stub a toe!.

Comments

• page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    OH Mell,
    i love football, but sadly i think you are right, i said yesterday while watching the match why dont they just not pay them till they win, i bet they will get a few goals in then :roll:
    My sons team could have beat England last night and they are 14.
    saying all that i will still support them and watch the matches and hope they improve.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Spoilt, sulky, dim, inarticulate, an over-sexed, over-paid bunch of boys, they manifest the England of today, a country where the mass of people value the shallow, worship the fake and adore the shallows of 'serlebritty' (as I have seen it spelled - credit to state education tho, they doubled the 't'.)

Mind you mell, the rugby lads are not doing that much better at the mo, are they? Jonno was fearsome on (and off!) the pitch but that does not him a manager make. At least they are real men, however, a big, brawling, thumping, tackling bunch of adult males, all hair and testosterone (pwhoar!) who fight like lions on the pitch, but have the courtesy to applaud each other off the pitch and go for a drink or thirty after without resorting to a punch-up. Rugby boys every time, please. They represent us, and our core values, so much better. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Mell, we won! WE WON! 21-20. Yippee! DD
  • mellman01
    Options
    You got me there DD who won what??, hey at least I'm not as ticked off as the chap on TV this morning, he has spent £20K to see England stumble about in South Africa should have got Sky sports instead!.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Our rugby boys in Australia. They're on tour there. DD
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    page35 wrote:
    OH Mell,
    i love football, but sadly i think you are right, i said yesterday while watching the match why dont they just not pay them till they win, i bet they will get a few goals in then :roll:
    My sons team could have beat England last night and they are 14.
    saying all that i will still support them and watch the matches and hope they improve.

Sharon what a brilliant idea. The manager too.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Our rugby boys in Australia. They're on tour there. DD

Gotcha DD see at leat real men can hack it and the crowds always get on in rugby no one wants to kill someone else just because he has a different coloured scarf, football is to tribal for me. And what's it with the inflatable fruit they wave at each other??.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I can think of a number of answers to that, mell. DD
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    you would think we could find a decent english manager to run out team what does it say about us when we have to fetch some one in to do the job who is just there for the money get some one who cares and can motivate the players perhaps its time we started playing goal hungry youngsters who want to wear the shirts and try to win at least they would be giving 100%
    val
  • mellman01
    Options
    I bet you can DD, and all I can say to you pixy is steady girl!, but what I really want to know is why do they sing who eat all the pies!?, I mean why??
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    I bet you can DD, and all I can say to you pixy is steady girl!, but what I really want to know is why do they sing who eat all the pies!?, I mean why??
    The "Who ate all the pies?" chant was first sung in 1894 by Sheffield United supporters, and directed at the club's goalkeeper William "Fatty" Foulke, who weighed over 300 lb (140 kg). This was sung to the tune of 'Knees Up Mother Brown'.

I know from personal experience that you aren't really one of the Rugby Boys until you've sunk enough pints to (almost) not remember running naked all the way around the touchline of a Rugby pitch.

Josephk025.gif Rugby Boy
    Josephm0310.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    livinglegend: STREWTH! Why wasn't I there? DD

P&F: I so agree. And preferably 6' 5" plus. (6'4" daddy height, so wrong on so many levels - 6' 5" better. First boyfriend 6' 10" - perfect. Vuvuprat 5' 3" but does make me laugh! DD (5' 8")
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    I told hubby we would loose so I'm in the doghouse :oops: :!:

I think we will win the next one we play. I just had the feeling we would not win, but do have the feeling we will win the next one.

Hubby calmed down, went out to the bakers bout some cakes. He showed me them and guess what right in the middle was the Englan flag. He put them away very quickly. :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh trisher, what a Cassandra you were! (Cassandra is a name I associate with gloom and doom, something from the Greek legends I think: cue livinglegend) but I think you had a valid point. Two very lacklustre performances do not a winning team make. I think we'll be coming home very soon. DD