How Stupid Can One Be?

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 21. Jun 2010, 04:53 in Community Chit-chat archive
OK, we're sitting on the sofa, watching Denmark/Cameroon, when vuvuprat announces that he is tired of football. (Surely, if one is tired of football one is tired of life - or do I have the whole testicular thing wrong?) Anyhoo, we turn over to watch proper Wallander (BBC4, Swedish WITH SUBTITLES, so much better than KBs version). Settle in, good drama, start to munch Hula-Hoops and - TURN UP THE VOLUME so we can read better! Laugh? Never thought my leg would dry. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

just the sort of thing we would do :roll: :wink:
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Awee :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Might have been us too. :oops: :oops: Are you never going forgive him for the noise he made last night???

Trish xxx
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    You should have turned over to watch the Churchill Cup being played in the US, (if you have Sky). England Saxons, (1st reserves), rugby team against Canada and both sides played with enthusiasm, fire and real passion for the game and their teams. Meanwhile the full England rugby team beat the Aussies as well.

If the football team had one tenth of their commitment it would be a totally different team.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    DD, can picture it now ... :roll: :lol::lol:

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    We do not have Sky livinglegend, which is mostly a good thing. Commercial televsion drives me barmy with all the ad breaks, tho I do have to admit their usefulness for making cuppas.

And trisher: it's far too soon! Oh he did cut a comic figure, sitting forlornly on our garden wall, making drooping farting noises from the plastic monstrosity. :lol: He has quite a good job, he is a responsible man, he deals with much pressure on a day-to-day basis - it was good for him to let his hair down! I did apologise to the neighbours on his behalf yesterday - mid-terraced living does come with some responsibilities towards your fellow men. DD
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    b0230.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I'm still chuckling too! He is not going to live this one down for a while. I used to call him The Husband in my posts - I suspect it's VVP from here-on-in! DD
  • mummyb
    Options
    You tell a good tale DD, the picture this conjures up just makes me laugh everytime I think about it. VVB sounds like a very appropriate name to me he certainly earned it !! :lol::lol::lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Had another good 'un last night: 6 lads, all in banana costumes, wandering into town for a night out. We live on one of the main routes into Ipswich, so we frequently witness well-oiled parties of young men trolling into town, then crawling home in the wee small hours. They invited me to get them out for the boys, but I politely refused. They were far too young, I would damage them for life. DD
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    DD did you tell them that or just smile politely?
    Its been years since I had such an offer.....

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    Options
    :shock:

Debs - send DD some of your tennas lass - she needs 'em :!:

As for the lads and your baps - well how very rude :shock:

You tell VVP we love him and his vuvu :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    What is wrong with 6 cheeky bananas? n045.gifn045.gifn045.gifn045.gifn045.gifn045.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    You got it exactly livinglegend! Their costumes were superb and dancing was involved! We have a first-floor living room and lip-reading is not that difficult sometimes. I waved my wine glass at them, they responded with various gestures, I laughed and replied in the negative, cheery waves all round and off they waltzed. VVP unimpressed, me greatly cheered. DD
  • mummyb
    Options
    What an intereting life you lead DD, excitemen comes to you, you don't even have to go looking for it!! xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's the only benefit of living on a main road - the drunks are hugely amusing. We're also not far from a - oh, what's the proper term nowadays - home for the mentally confused. There are some very interesting and entertaining folks on day release from there. One particularly fascinating lady is elderly, wears a fishing hat, pushes a bike, sings Rule Britannia and Happy Birthday endlessly, peers at herself in car wing mirrors then either a) kicks them off or b) kicks the car. We all park round the corner now. DD
  • speedalong
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    It's the only benefit of living on a main road - the drunks are hugely amusing. We're also not far from a - oh, what's the proper term nowadays - home for the mentally confused. There are some very interesting and entertaining folks on day release from there. One particularly fascinating lady is elderly, wears a fishing hat, pushes a bike, sings Rule Britannia and Happy Birthday endlessly, peers at herself in car wing mirrors then either a) kicks them off or b) kicks the car. We all park round the corner now. DD

This reminds me of my first flat that I didn't share - that was on the same road as a similar establishment. Some of the residents were allowed out "into the community" I used to watch them go past/meet them when walking to the shops etc An interesting bunch!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Am now floating on a serene bubble of various painkillers and white wine. If the banana boys turn up now, they could be lucky! DD
  • speedalong
    Options
    Am now floating on a serene bubble of various painkillers and white wine. If the banana boys turn up now, they could be lucky! DD

Well either the banana boys turned up or you actually slept last night - as your posts have been a bit thin on the ground!!! :lol::lol:

Either way, I'm pleased for you. :D:D

Speedy
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Slept through, the first time in years. Feeling brighter, pain not quite so bad, just as well, have to work today! Hope S's device turns up. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    And it's sunny here, which does make a difference. Still cold tho! Sitting here with socks and a fleece on (plus other stuff too).

I'm feeling a little brighter today ergo can cope better. Hope things have picked up for you, babycham. DD
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    speedalong wrote:
    dreamdaisy wrote:

This reminds me of my first flat that I didn't share - that was on the same road as a similar establishment. Some of the residents were allowed out "into the community" I used to watch them go past/meet them when walking to the shops etc An interesting bunch!!

Speedy

We had an asylum(thats what it was called) nearby. I used to play in the grounds late, in the twilight, walk home on my own through lonely tracks. Never worried me at all.
    E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein