All Set

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 20. Jun 2010, 09:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well Im all set for my appointment with my consultant tomorrow and while I know nothing is going to change I can at least tell him with confidence I have good reason for not wanting my knee cap removed. I will also challenge him a little as I feel he pre-judged me in my first consultation. I know not a lot is going to change but I will feel better knowing it is my right to be given a second opinion and also not be fobbed off with the only treatment he seems to think he can offer me.

I know Im not as badly off as people on here and Im thankful for that. I spoke to a woman at my hydrotherapy class on Thursday who had in last 6 months been diagnosed with RA and she told me about the Meth (which I didnt have an idea what it was really - I mean why would you unless you'd had it yourself?)...She is having real trouble adjusting from an active life to an inactive life now........Anyway Im not Miss Misery Guts anymore, got to keep trying, god loves them dont he????

Elaine

Comments

• carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Elaine

To to hear you are feeling positive and good luck :lol:
    Carol
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    I`m sure you never were Miss Misery Guts Elaine. Just someone in a lot of pain, trying to come to terms with life changing events.

I wish you all the best tomorrow, and with your new attitude, feel that you can`t lose! Take a list of questions with you, and put your "I`m not moving until I get all the answers that I need" hat on!
    I was once told by a very emminent surgeon to remember that we actually "employed" them. Well, without us, they wouldn`t have a job would they?

Much love........Ange.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 20. Jun 2010, 07:07
    Options
    Hi Elaine

Ready steady go! :)

So pleased to read you have "turned the corner" again and are feeling stronger about everything. Keep calling in on here and we shall do our best to keep you buoyant.

I wish you all the very best with your appointment on Monday. You have most certainly made up your mind on certain things, which is good news.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Elaine,
    you sound more positive, good luck with your appointment tomorrow. Take bullet point notes with you, to make sure you get to say your point of view.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I wish you well - heed speedy's wise advice. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I wish you well, and you're right about keeping positive about things, if at all possible! :D
    Love Sue
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Ange

Well no last week I was proper Miss Misery Guts, had the tee shirt, worn the banner etc....But you know I think everyone has days where things seem to build up, mine was a lot off little things compounded.........

Anyway I am putting together a list of q's I need to ask him, points I feel I want to put across....Its out of line when they say things like that comment you mentioned though, I mean after all our NI contributions pay their wages too dont they?

Luv Elainex
    angel1 wrote:
    I`m sure you never were Miss Misery Guts Elaine. Just someone in a lot of pain, trying to come to terms with life changing events.

I wish you all the best tomorrow, and with your new attitude, feel that you can`t lose! Take a list of questions with you, and put your "I`m not moving until I get all the answers that I need" hat on!
    I was once told by a very emminent surgeon to remember that we actually "employed" them. Well, without us, they wouldn`t have a job would they?

Much love........Ange.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Elna

Well yes have turned corner but also realised maybe should not go near a computer when that upset too.........And yes I will call in from time to time here (although I nearly ceased last week being a member)....

I got a bit more fire in my belly and Im as ready as can be...

Luv Elainex
    elnafinn wrote:
    Hi Elaine

Ready steady go! :)

So pleased to read you have "turned the corner" again and are feeling stronger about everything. Keep calling in on here and we shall do our best to keep you buoyant.

I wish you all the very best with your appointment on Monday. You have most certainly made up your mind on certain things, which is good news.

Luv
    Elna x
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Speedy

Yes Im in my admin mode at moment, typing out points/views that need to be put across if possible in the 10-15 mins they allocate me for app......

Be fine.....

Luv Elainex
    speedalong wrote:
    Hi Elaine,
    you sound more positive, good luck with your appointment tomorrow. Take bullet point notes with you, to make sure you get to say your point of view.

Speedy
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi thanks Sue...

Well you got to be positive havent you? Sometimes the old chipper goes down but its up now.......

Luv Elainex
    woodbon wrote:
    Hi, I wish you well, and you're right about keeping positive about things, if at all possible! :D
    Love Sue
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi

Thanks for well wishes, all advice noted and in action.....

Elaine
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I wish you well - heed speedy's wise advice. DD
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Carol

Yes feeling quite good about tomorrow.....

Elaine
    carola wrote:
    Hi Elaine

To to hear you are feeling positive and good luck :lol:
    Carol