Todays Edition of Sunday Post - DWP/ATOS

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 22. Jun 2010, 09:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
If anyone is interested in reading about the sheer ignorance and naiviety of the DWP/ATOS then I would suggest they read todays edition (june 20th 2010). This tells of how people with cancer, who are supposed to be exempt from attending a "fit for work and work capabilty assessment (undertaken by the one and only ATOS) are being made to attend these appointments or the shame or being called a cheat or a farce.....One man who had to be fed by a tube in his neck and was told he had less than a year to live still had to attend this ludicrous medical??? All the compassion shown to him was delaying the medical but at a later stage a Macmillan Nurse complained and the letters/medical demands have at last abated.....

Is it any wonder people are put off claiming benefits THEY ARE ENTITLED TO all for the sake of this ill thought system....Its just stress no person, least of all a terminally ill person....

Read if you can...

Elaine

Comments

• carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ugh! The sheer imcompentency of this department is absolutely disgusting.
    I've heard them say that it is due to the sheer high numbers of cases however that does not wash with me. If the Government and their related departments ran their/our affairs as a private company would, then they would soon get rid of needless and costly administration and rid of people who cannot do their job properly. Any new procedures introduced to a private company are tested and scrutinised first prior to introduction.
    I am a strong minded and positive person and even I can get tearful dealing with these idiots therefore it breaks my heart to hear of people with far worse illnesses than me being treated like this.
    A letter from our Doctors should suffice.
    I am so angry thinking about this, we just have to think of some way to stop this.
    Carol :shock:
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Morning Carol

Your'e absolutely right that this system should have been tested and scrutinised before unleashing it on the public.....And the more I read about this system simply angers me....Not for my own reasons but for the sake of people who need it more than me and for god's sake its only the same rate as Jobseekers Allowance that the general public are made to jump through impossible hoops.....All the while whilst the lazy, unchanged people I see in my town go to the bookies all day bettting their benefit, living rent free and not being challenged by any jobcentre of government member......And this has been the case for 25yrs plus in my town....
    This is one huge banana skin just waiting to be slipped on......Wish some government member would take this seriously and demand it be re-vamped or even scrapped....

Elainex
    carola wrote:
    Ugh! The sheer imcompentency of this department is absolutely disgusting.
    I've heard them say that it is due to the sheer high numbers of cases however that does not wash with me. If the Government and their related departments ran their/our affairs as a private company would, then they would soon get rid of needless and costly administration and rid of people who cannot do their job properly. Any new procedures introduced to a private company are tested and scrutinised first prior to introduction.
    I am a strong minded and positive person and even I can get tearful dealing with these idiots therefore it breaks my heart to hear of people with far worse illnesses than me being treated like this.
    A letter from our Doctors should suffice.
    I am so angry thinking about this, we just have to think of some way to stop this.
    Carol :shock:
  • carola
    Options
    I think we are both going to blow our tops in a minute with anger ha ha! :lol:

I gave up work in March 'cos of my pains and stuff and went to the job centre every Friday to 'sign on' and whilst sitting waiting would see people arriving to pick up their giro cheque or whatever it is called nowadays and then when I was hobbling home I would see some of the same people going into the pub or bookies. It would make me mad!!!!!

Let us harness this anger we have Elaine and start an Arthur's Army to put this country right! :lol:
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Carol

I would more than happily march (or should it be limp) in protest against this system that has been put in place, its just so wrong on so many levels.....So yes lets turn our anger into a crusade!!??

I think also I should (and you for that matter too) be employed by DWP to point out all the real scroungers you and I describe in our threads......How is it Joe Public can see this going on but they get away scot free for decades???

Waiting for my stripes in anticipation....:-)

Elaine :D
    carola wrote:

I gave up work in March 'cos of my pains and stuff and went to the job centre every Friday to 'sign on' and whilst sitting waiting would see people arriving to pick up their giro cheque or whatever it is called nowadays and then when I was hobbling home I would see some of the same people going into the pub or bookies. It would make me mad!!!!!

Let us harness this anger we have Elaine and start an Arthur's Army to put this country right! :lol:
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    PS did you hear on radio today about guy who was claiming Incapacity Benefits and claimed he were agrophobic also he could not climb ladders.....Guess what he got caught doing for a living????? WINDOW CLEANER.......HA!!! WHAT A MUPPET!!!!

Id give him 10/10 for sheer cheek.....

:-)
    carola wrote:

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It's astonishing, isn't it, that this new, draconian system lets the shysters thro and penalises the real claimants. You sound as tho you have some fight back in you girl, get in! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • carola
    Options
    Unbelievable re the window cleaner guy. If it wasn't so bad I'd be laughing :lol:

Have a great day! 8)
    Carol
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi DD

Well yes its very awful but as always the shysters go on the way they have for decades and the real peopple struggle......Wish the budget would recognise how flawed this is....
    I always bounce back sometimes takes a bit but I get there....

Have a good day..

Elaine
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    It's astonishing, isn't it, that this new, draconian system lets the shysters thro and penalises the real claimants. You sound as tho you have some fight back in you girl, get in! DD
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Well he's the likes of which give us a bad name aint he? I always say if some people arent intelligent they are streetwise and thats what gets them through life.....

Have a good one you!

Elaine :roll:
    carola wrote:
    Unbelievable re the window cleaner guy. If it wasn't so bad I'd be laughing :lol:

Have a great day! 8)
    Carol
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    im up for joining arthers army :D , ive just had to sign back on and am dreading the hassle i will have to go through, dr states im not fit for work but that will mean nothing....
  • border
    border Member Posts: 94
    Options
    In my experience the ATOS people have too many fingers in too many pies!!. They really do not know what they are doing and the trouble is that the DWP take first note of their recommendations. No professional gp or consultant is involved in the decision making unless everything is very unclear.

One wonders what we are paying people for but it is enough to make one very indignent. It is all down to politics :x :x :x
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Coco67

Well look chin up, I mean if you are not fit for work it may be worth claiming what is rightfully yours....Why you signing on if your not fit for work? Just remember all these people in the Jobcentre are paid by us.....

Good Luck

Elaine :mrgreen:
    coco67 wrote:
    im up for joining arthers army :D , ive just had to sign back on and am dreading the hassle i will have to go through, dr states im not fit for work but that will mean nothing....
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Border

I would love to know more about ATOS, I mean why they feel its okay for a nurse in my case to examine me (I dont see a nurse for problems with my own surgery)......These examinations should be done at a proper healthcare centre - not a government building and a GP/Consultants opinion should be taken into consideration when making the decision.......

Our money is wasted on this thats for sure but now Ive heard Mr Osbourne is making DLA (im appealing ESA and going to tribunal) attend medicals - more will come out no doubt......You know we really should get up a petition to present to government PM....

Elaine
    border wrote:
    In my experience the ATOS people have too many fingers in too many pies!!. They really do not know what they are doing and the trouble is that the DWP take first note of their recommendations. No professional gp or consultant is involved in the decision making unless everything is very unclear.

One wonders what we are paying people for but it is enough to make one very indignent. It is all down to politics :x :x :x