When you regret what you say.

Options
katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 22. Jun 2010, 06:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Folks,
Haven't been on for a few weeks as I've been visiting and doing Church course and work and all the usual 'Mum' things that we do!
Last thursday I had a really 'bad' morning and won't bore you with the details but I got in the car to do the school run and said to uber-cool Ellie "Days that start this bad can only get worse!!"
Call it tempting fate or sheer stupidity but..... Work was fine, the weather was fine and all seemed at peace in the world. Picked Sarah up from school- "please Mummy you promised we would go to the park", so we went to the park buying an icecream on the way. I was quite looking forward to sitting in the sunshine and with some of the other Mums. All of a sudden I heard a thud- I knoew before I even saw it that the thud was Sarah falling off something. As she stood up under the monkey bars about 10 metres from where I was sat I could see that her arm was the wrong shape. Well to cut a story short she has broken her right arm in 2 places and had to have it manipulated and wired back together. So from now on I'm not going to say things like that again 'cos fate was waiting in the wings to strike with a cruel blow.

Katexx

P.S.
We got out of hospital yesterday and Sarah will need to have the wires removed in approximately 4 weeks and then take it from there.

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Kate bless her heart. i really hope it will be a lot less painful for her and the wire removal goes ok for her a swell. A ((( ))) for you and a huge bucket of hopes for you both. Cris x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi kate sorry fate was listening but glad things sorted take care ((())) incase you need them val
    val
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    ouch poor Sarah
    hope she isnt in too much pain with it and it mends quickly.
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    What a shame. Poor thing - how is she bearing up? That must have been a nasty shock for you too.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Kate, how rotten for you and Sarah. My eldest did something very similar when she was 10 climbing a door frame (which she had been forbidden to do). Hers all went fine, wires and pins out with no problems and physio for a month after, no trouble since and she's 43 now!

Annie
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I just don't believe it. See my post on bertyboy's latest thread. Oh. Just realised kate it may not be quite for you, some disguised anglo-saxon involved. The membership does seem to be under some form of attack, in no particular order suffering people include bertyboy, frogmorton, delboy, tkachev, bubbles, various people recovering from ops, mell, chris7, vonski, jaspercat, speedy's son (no communication device) and others that i have forgotten 'cos there are so many - my apologies to them.

Your poor daughter. I suppose on the up-side it will heal, broken bones do mend but the poor girl, what a thing to happen. I am so sorry, I wish you both well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Kate what a horrible day it turned out to be. I'm so sorry for your little girl. I'm glad she is ok apart from her arm.

Children heal very quickley and I hope it won't be too long before she recovers from this.

Love Trish xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Your poor daughter! How awful for both of you. It is however lovely to hear from you again Kate.

Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Your poor daughter and you what a bad day you had sorry to hear it. Hope she makes full recovery soon
    Joanne
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Hi Kate

So sorry to read this, I hope your daughter is getting spoiled! Don't be too hard on yourself, it would have happened whatever you said that morning.

Nx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    I really hope you and Ellie have gotten over the shock of it all and wishing both well when the pins are removed. Bet she is so sore, bless her.

Lv, Ix
  • dippydoodah
    dippydoodah Member Posts: 350
    Options
    Aww sorry to hear about your news, it must have been quite a shock. Hope she feels better soon and makes a good recovery x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    Options
    Oh Kate :(

kids eh?

SEnt to worry us arent they?

Hope she is ok now?

Love

Toni xx