very scarey journey home

Options
bertyboy
bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
edited 22. Jun 2010, 13:28 in Community Chit-chat archive
saturday we went to lincoln looking for black trousers didnt find any ,on the way home Alan [hubby ] seemed to be weaving along the road , he had an op on his sinases on monday but has had some stonking headaches he rang the hospital on thursday and was told it was normal and take pain killers , :roll: well instead of going straight home we went to the local hospital , as he said his vision in one eye was very blured and the eye was about closed he ended up at queens med notts in eye casuality and set up in case of emergancy surgery sent for ct scan then for eye test vision down to 45% and trouble with the colour red , but no surgery was done AB S pumped in and this that and the other given , still not sure of the problem , optic nerve is a possibility , they have let him home as things have settled to 75%vision but no driving till he goes back ,
I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi berty sorry this all happened you must have been so worried ((())) for you hope things get sorted soon. did you find trousers val
    val
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Berty, that does sound scary. Good job you both acted quickly and went to the hospital. I hope things settle down and improve for OH. Does he have any follow up appointments?

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Berty

I'm sorry that your hubby has had problems with his vision. I hope it settles down soon.

Sending some (((((())))) to you

Love Trish xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Good Grief Penfold! What the hell is happening to all of us? As if we don't have enough things with which to cope, some all-singing all-dancing devil of mischief has set his sights upon us. bertyboy, I am so sorry, the last thing you needed at such a ghastly time (still flitting thro thoughts, will now include your husband). ENOUGH, mischievous imp, ENOUGH. Make good an anglo-saxon departure. (Sorry mods). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Aw Berty, what a scare.........glad you did the right thing! Hope hubby recovers soon, eyes are not to be messed about with.

Annie
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    crikey Berty that must have been/be scary for you both.

I do hope that it turns out to be nothing serious andthat they can sort it out for him.

loads of healing hugs
    WOnky xxx
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Berty, sending hugs to you both & hope its sorted out soon.
    luv debs
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    Dear Berty, what an awful week you're having. The last thing you need on top of everything else. Quick thinking going straight to hospital. glad to hear he's a bit better and hope they soon get to the bottom of it. Healing and caring hugs for you both (((((()))))), love Brenda xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Berty,

Sorry I am so late but thinking of you and that must have been horrible for you both. Sending some ((( )))'s and hopes that he will soon be better and they can hep him. Love to you both Cris xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Poor Berty boy. A big hug to you and your hubby ((((( ))))).It is a very stressful, upsetting time for you as it is.
    My love to you
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Regards to you and Alan. Thinking of you both. DD
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,942
    Options
    Hi Berty.
    i'm so sorry for you and your husband i hope things are sorted for you soon.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    OMG

Berty!!!

You poor poor thing

I can honestly say I KNOW what you've been through!!!

Please give him my very best and you take care too

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    well we spent another six and a half hours at the hospital today because his vision had gone down again so its fluctuating but they dont know why even with a refraction test with the lenses its up and down , they have took some more blood and we await a phone call from the dr and keep the outpatients appointment in a couple of weeks , but any worries we are to ring them x my head is banging so much going on and trying to help with funeral arrangements is not helping x :(
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    You ppoor poor thing and him too

you must both be so worried!

You just want to know what it is dont you? Then you'll be ok - it's just you always think the wosrt - well I do :roll:

Sorry you are even HAVINg to do any funeral arrangements at all :(

Hope you will try to have a rest yourself too.

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Oh Berty i was so sorry to hear this on top of everything eles.

So frightening for you both. Hope your OH is not in to much discomfort. Wishing him a speedy recovery and the hospital can get the results through quickly.

Really am sorry this is happening to you.

Lv, Ix
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thinking of you both. DD
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Oh Berty, you both have a lot to deal with at the moment, take care.

Love and (((hugs)))

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.