ultrasound

Options
pennycrayon
pennycrayon Member Posts: 69
edited 21. Jun 2010, 17:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi everyone. Just back from hospital again. Had an ultrasound on my foot followed by a steroid injection (ouch). Found out though i don't have a swollen tendon-its damage to my joint. So not a happy bunny. But happy i got the injection-even tho the doc tried to talk me out of it. Hopefully it will help and i won't be in pain.

okay, random post over. Hope everyone is okay on this lovely day xx

Comments

• marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Penny

Hope the injection works for you. take it easy today in this lovely sunshine.

best wishes

Marion
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Hi Penny
    hope it works for you
    im having the same thing done tomorrow on my wrist, hope it works for me too :D
  • pennycrayon
    Options
    Good luck :D
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hope all goes well for you. Love Sue
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Penny, I hope the painful jab works for you. I'm sorry the results of the scan weren't good news. If it isn't your tendon but joint damage - what is the way forward from here?

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Rest it well so the steroid has a chance to take effect. They are supposed to last for up to three months, so treat it carefully! Good luck with it all. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • pennycrayon
    Options
    speedalong wrote:
    Hi Penny, I hope the painful jab works for you. I'm sorry the results of the scan weren't good news. If it isn't your tendon but joint damage - what is the way forward from here?

Speedy

Erm..im not a hundred percent sure. Think will have to wait to speak to the nurse or the doc. The ultrasound guy just wanted to get me jabbed and out of there (which is fine) so il ask when I go to the clinic.
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi, have you got an appointment coming up soon?

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • pennycrayon
    Options
    well i have to go see my nurse at her clinic in about 3 weeks time so il ask her then.im hoping that she will have some good news about it. I wish it had just been a swollen tendon and not damage :?