pins and needles

Options
madness1985
madness1985 Member Posts: 293
edited 21. Jun 2010, 16:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All,

I am just wondering if anyone has experienced pins and needles during the day and night in there feet? Its just i have started experiencing this and my consultant is around for a week as hes on holiday and my gp isnt sure what it is, he said it could be RA but doesnt no. I have damaged feet.

Thank You

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Yes, frequently. It's just one of those things, it comes and goes. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Yes, sometimes, I think its a nerve in my back pinching slightly.
    Love Sue
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Madness - people with and without arther suffer from this ...I don't have RA but OA and I get pins and needles occasionally.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    My big problem is this on, I get it a lot in both legs in the outter shins and feet when sitting down for a while, my bigest problem however is that I also get a feeling of cold down from the knees into my feet, sometimes nothing else happens but sometimes it changes dramatically, it can get very pronunced when it does this lasts a few days and then slowly turns into a flare that can only be discribed as a deep sickly crushing pain if I attempt to stand up, takes about a week to pass then slowly returns to it's normal ways, no one has a clue as to what it is nor do I all I know is I have had it ever since me double knee op.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It could be nerve damage mell - they hack about a bit when they're in there, all sorts of stuff is affected. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • madness1985
    madness1985 Member Posts: 293
    Options
    Thanks all.

I am aware that everyone gets it but i seem to get it for long periods of time and i also get it for long periods of time. Im seeing my GP next week so ill mention it incase its somthing todo with my nerves as ive had other problems as well.

x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,466
    Options
    Hi Madness

YOu must mention it as it might be pinched nerves which need releasing.

Good luck

love

Toni xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Madness, hope GP can help or refer you to someone who can. Let us know how you get on.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.