knee

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 25. Jun 2010, 15:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
right. oh has been having problems with his knee, been docs today and it either gout or ra just what we need. he got blood test tomorrow. doc did not tell him when or how to get results or wether to go back did give him some meds so will have to go back before months out . so looks like i not the only one with arther bet he finds out which type he has before i find out which mine is lol we go to different gp practices as neither of us changed when we got married lol (26years ago) so nice to see what different practices do lol
val

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Val, sorry to hear this news.

You could cheer yourselves up by having a bet on which GP practice comes up trumps first!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Val,

Sorry to read you oh is also having problems and hope they can get to the bottom of it soon for him. Bloods seem to e about a week so maybe ring and see if the results are in after 8-10 days and then make an appointment is the best thing?

Hey sounds like maybe you should go to oh's docs now. Hope your ok and a ((( ))) cus its Monday. Cris xx
  • valval
    Options
    hi thanks gave him ice to put on it and it was little better before he went to bed bless him. will phone about results in about 8 days chris thanks for that mine always let me know so no prob his i do not know lol but he saw different doc to his and she made him take his trousers down lol quite a shock to him lol.
    val
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    valval wrote:
    hi thanks gave him ice to put on it and it was little better before he went to bed bless him. will phone about results in about 8 days chris thanks for that mine always let me know so no prob his i do not know lol but he saw different doc to his and she made him take his trousers down lol quite a shock to him lol.

:lol::lol::lol:

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • valval
    Options
    speedalong wrote:
    valval wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

Speedy

i think some of this
    :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
    but she was old lol so not to bad :lol::lol:
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,428
    Options
    Hi Val

Am hoping all is well for him - not what you need eh?

Hope he learns to keep his kecks on too :wink:

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • valval
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Val

Am hoping all is well for him - not what you need eh?

Hope he learns to keep his kecks on too :wink:

Love and hugs

Toni xx

was quite a shock for him lol bet he makes his own app. in future :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    val
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, You never know, he might be needing to go and see her every week,so she can check his knees!
    Love Sue
  • valval
    Options
    woodbon wrote:
    Hi, You never know, he might be needing to go and see her every week,so she can check his knees!
    Love Sue

bet he changes doc then bless him bit shy :oops: :oops: :oops:
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,428
    Options
    Hi Val

Any news??

Usually our docs call us in for blood results - if there is anything in them. My MIL got called in and panicked all weekend to find out it was her cholestral :wink: I would make an apt ready as Cris suggests

Hoping all is well and he is behaving :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi
    Let's hope he gets a diagnosis soon. If it is arthur he'll know what you've been going through.

Fingers cross that it goes ok for the both of you.

Sharmaine
    X

valval wrote:
    right. oh has been having problems with his knee, been docs today and it either gout or ra just what we need. he got blood test tomorrow. doc did not tell him when or how to get results or wether to go back did give him some meds so will have to go back before months out . so looks like i not the only one with arther bet he finds out which type he has before i find out which mine is lol we go to different gp practices as neither of us changed when we got married lol (26years ago) so nice to see what different practices do lol
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Val
    I had gout in my knee a while back but it seemed to go.....The one thing that really helped it {over the counter} Deep Freeze gel you can get a spray as well but the gel is better...because the action of massaging it in helps as well....spray is handy if you are out and dont want to get your clothes "claggy" Not Deep Heat LOL

Love
    Hileena
  • valval
    Options
    hileena111 wrote:
    Hi Val
    I had gout in my knee a while back but it seemed to go.....The one thing that really helped it {over the counter} Deep Freeze gel you can get a spray as well but the gel is better...because the action of massaging it in helps as well....spray is handy if you are out and dont want to get your clothes "claggy" Not Deep Heat LOL

Love
    Hileena

thanks he is using ice when at home but will get some spray it a great idea he walking better not heard yet from doc only been few days so got to wait lol par for thr course with arther val
    val
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi,
    Hope you hear soon.....meantime any over the counter medicines are worht trying LOL

Love
    Hileena
  • valval
    Options
    they did give him meds that are helping today he got a letter saying you have to have this blood test repeated in four weeks now is that from letter or last blood test they do not say lol or why they want it repeating they have sent form though will look in min to see what they testing lol
    val