knee update

Options
cthornley
cthornley Member Posts: 627
edited 21. Jun 2010, 19:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
As some of you know a few weeks ago I took a tumble and got rather better acquainted with a concrete floor than I wanted to.

The bruises and lino burns have all healed but the knee hasn't and still is agony. I asked my Rheumy about it and she was fab...I've got a nice big bursa under the skin which is whats causing agony whenever I knock it, even gently.
She's given me some anti inflammatory gel and told me it could take 5-6 weeks to go down but to see how it goes. I can always call if it causes me too much bother.

She's also adjusted my MTX as my RA has been a little unsettled recently and that has probably not helped with the recovery. We also had a chat about 4week prescribing for MTX she believes that it stems from misinterpretation a piece of guidance recently issued (same conclusion i'd come to) and has already written to the the area prescribing committee to tell them how daft they are (she is head of rheumatology so if anybody's got clout its her)

It was a fab consultation, I am so lucky to get her, so glad I complained and changed consultants when I did...it has made such a difference to be supported rather than to battle for my treatment.

At least I get sympathy from one Dr..... so now who do I write to to complain about the Dr husband :wink:

Chrissie

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Cardiologist still playing up? Ignore him, we're far better!

I was going to PM you to enquire how things were but I've had a bit of a rough week-end and didn't: I apologise. I'm glad your consultant was so helpful and at least you know what's going on with it all now. Let's hope it all settles down faster than you've been told!

I wish you well. DD PS How's the 'Daddy smells' chant coming along?
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Chrissie, glad your appointment went well. Hope that knee improves soon.

As for OH ... just wait 'til he gets a man-cold and then you can get your own back!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.