does anyone else get this and if so what actually is it

Options
anglerman
anglerman Member Posts: 42
edited 22. Jun 2010, 04:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all
Sorry if it seems I am going on a bit but I am new to this OA thing
I have it in both hips and I think now its affecting my knees as well.
I also have spondylosis in the kneck(c7).
Just recently I have been getting tingling sensations in my legs down to my knees,pain in calf muscles a numb butt and also on the out pelvic/hip area it is sore/painfull to the touch and my spine at times feels sore to the touch.
please help me with some answers to the above

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I think others have something similar - is it like a pins and needles sensation? madness1985 posted something about that recently. It sounds like nerves twanging away, I know the sciatic nerve runs from the spine down the legs, it could be connected. Just a thought. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi hips get like that when been over doing things can not even lay on that side because so tender ice helps where hot and warmth where aches could be hip pain showing else where there is a name for it but can not think of it this morning lol get feeling like been hit hard in side of thigh when hip bad very strange it is
    val
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    I have what you describe, from time to time. My GP says it`s Sciatica. I have to just ride it out. Painkillers don`t touch it, and I`m unable to take anti-inflammatories.

I find 15/20 minutes with ice, followed immediately with 15/20 minutes heat helps a lot. Then smother on some gel - Voltorol, Ibuprofen, Movelat or the like.

It does go eventually - Honest!..........Ange.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,428
    Options
    Hi Anglerman

No wories we all 'go on' as you put it and that's fine - we help each other here :D

You have had some good tips from teh others but to be on the safe side I would just mention this to yor PG when you are next in.

Love

Toni xx