I LOVE SUMMER!

Options
ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 25. Jun 2010, 10:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
I sincerely hope I haven't jinxed the weather but I cannot FAIL to be cheery when the weather is as hot as it is now. To wake up to bright sunshine which almost blinds you, LOVELY.

BBQ at my brother's on Saturday - we got there for 1:30 and didn't leave till 10pm because he got his karaoke machine out and that was it for me - I rock Queen songs (although my eldest doesn't agree for some reason). It was a bit chilly but he's bought one of those fire pits which I have decided I must have for our garden.

The past few days when I haven't been at work or at the girls sports days, I have been sitting in the garden topping up my tan. We've also been on walks and generally been outdoors most of the time.

Fingers crossed that the weather stays this way for a while - what's everyone else been up to?

Nx

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Nina

I love this weather too :)

I been at the hosssie most of the time with Cahrlie but I have every intention of joining you outside this afternoon :)

Was going to go to a barbie myself this weekend but in light of recent events I will be getting a visit from the kids' Dad instead.

I bet your singing is great :wink:

Kids have no taste do they :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Nina - I love sunny weather too - especially when I'm not working (on sick leave!!) 'Tis very hot to be working.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Keeping out of the sun to avoid meth rash. I love summer. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ninakang
    Options
    Toni

I have a fantastic singing voice and a stage presence my eldest is just jealous of :P Back at work the past couple of days :( Why do my work clothes fit differently to my casual stuff so everyone laughs at my tan lines?!

You, Speedy, Babycham and DD will have to join me in the garden tomorrow afternoon. I have a couple of bottles of wine, my girlfriends are coming over with their kids and we're planning to sit in the garden, drink wine and gossip. We don't have a working BBQ but who cares when you have drink :wink:

I am going out tonight to a leaving do... except the girl in question has had her contract renewed so she isn't leaving but still wanted to go out on this lovely evening when there's no footie on. And I have a wedding to go to on Sunday.

Busy life as usual! Just checking in with everyone! I wonder if Rehab will be joining us?! Ooooh, and Joan, Cris and everyone else.

Nx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Nina

Sounds lovely Nina - you can count me in...

we can put up a parasol for DD :D

Make sure you have plenty of Brandy in for Babycham :wink:

The rest of us will be happy with anything you chuck at us.

And of course.....

you can sing us a song or two :D

Love

Toni xx

PS them there lot at work are just jealous of your tan lines anyway - ignore 'em

PPS that girl who isnt leaving - dont blame her AT all :D did she still get her prezzie or are you spending the collection money tonight?
  • ninakang
    Options
    She did still get her pressie because no one could be bothered to return the money to everyone who contributed. She got the collection in an envelope as they hadn't had a chance to buy the present before she found out she wasn't leaving. She's promised to buy a couple of rounds though. AND we're starting off in a pub with a lovely outside seating area :) I really can't wait!

Yes, let's all sit outside in the sunshine tomorrow afternoon and drink ourselves silly. We have a big parasol for those who don't want to be grilled and I have plenty of beer and plonk. I'm afraid if you have more refiner tastes than that, you'll have to bring your own :)

I'll get some Pringles ...

Nx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Good glad she is spending teh money on you all as well :wink:n045.gif

this be you later on tonight :D

Will be there and will bring some trifles...

you can count on me....

will bring me own cooking sherry a045.gif

not sure it counts as refined, but still......
  • ninakang
    Options
    COOL!

Looks like it's just you and me at the moment, Toni. Don't worry, will introduce you to my mad friends and we'll drink enough for the rest of the guys on here :)

Lovely, trifle - please remember not to put any wafers in the trifle as I'm gluten-free. You can put the sherry in though *lol*

Sherry IS very refined, look at you! I'm a lambrini girl myself, you can't beat a screw top lid

Nx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Babycham

Glad you are along for the ride.....

Speedy doesnt need to shave her legs with those sexy stockings on :wink:

Nina

you are SOO right,

cooking sherry and lambrini - very ladylike and of course Brandy too :wink:
  • ninakang
    Options
    Woohoo, the weekend has started! Hello Babycham! Glam it up or dress it down, we'll all be too drunk to notice whether or not you've shaved your legs anyway!

Nx