Not quite a majic wand!

Options
roses1
roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
edited 24. Jun 2010, 18:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi there,
been to see rheumy today , just thought i would let you all know how i got on. I finally got some x-rays done , asked for referal about more splints, he wanted blood tests and suggested physio and gave me tablets ARCOXIA if any one has these i would like to know how you got on please as i dont do drugs lol. I got to wait now for another appointment to go back in 3 to 4 months! for the results :?

hope your all pain free today and enjoyed the sun 8)

Rose x

Comments

• marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Rose

Glad that things have started to move, albeit rather slowly .. hope the physio will be able to help you..

I have heard about Arcoxia but don't know anything about it, but I'm sure some other peeps will be along soon to advise you.

Best wishes

Marion
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Roses -

sounds like a positive appointment.

I take arcoxia - and it works well for me (I have OA) it is also used for RA and gout ... My GP says it is a good anti-inflammatory and also good for pain relief - hence it is given to gout patients. I have taken it for years. Last few months also been given omprazole to protect my stomach in line with new guidelines ... it is however meant to be pretty safe for longer term use and it has given me no problems. Very rarely I have forgotten to take it .. and boy have I noticed the difference once at school ...

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Rose,

Glad it went ok though.

I think the Arcoxia is a very good antiflam that doesn't have the stomach problems that so many other have...... I might be wrong but think it was one the helpline suggested to me a while back.

Good luck on them and I so hope they work for you. Cris x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    What a long time to wait for results - couldn't they let you know sooner? I hope the arcoxia works for you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,428
    Options
    Well the ball is rollin at least.

I have arcoxia and i am rubbish with meds too - they all make me sick :oops:

I take them at night when I go to bed.

good luck

Love

Toni xx
  • roses1
    Options
    Hi all,
    Thankyou for the replies , Yes i thought that it's along time to wait :?
    I was wondering what would be the best time to start tabs morn or night ? sorry if it sounds daft but didnt want to take it at night if its worn off by afternoon and not time to take it again , as pharmacy woman said to take it at same time everyday... mine is a 60mg?

Speedy
    do you take yours am or pm? and does it keep you going till next dose?

Toni
    when you take it at night does it keep you going through all the next day ?

thanks in advance hope your all well

Rose x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,428
    Options
    Yes Rose it does - and for me who feels queasy on everything it seems to work :wink:

Let us know how you get on eh?

Love Toni xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Rose :D

Glad to read that you had a good hosp appointment and that more tests are to be done to help your pain.

don't know the drug Arcoxia but found a link that might be helpful.

http://www.drugs.com/arcoxia.html

Irisxx
  • roses1
    Options
    Hi Iris,
    I have already seen this but thankyou for taking the time to help :)
    hope you are feeling well.

Rose x