mike JR update

Options
mike77
mike77 Member Posts: 879
edited 24. Jun 2010, 05:50 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi , we went to see mike JR Surgeon and he looked at his feet and decided that he would operate on both feet , shorten one leg , so that would be the same as right leg and correct his balance he said that he thinks it might be a condition called something like para pegal ( i know its not the correct way to say it but cant remember the correct saying SORRY , he has asked for a nerve test on his leg to be done , I cancelled the last one as mike JR was 8 years old then and scared stiff , he understands now that it wont hurt him , the dr said this is how it is digosned.

I got the letter from d l a saying they are looking at the information now. The waiting starts now.

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Mike, Hazel and Mike jr
    I really do feel for you, it is such a worrying time for any parent,I am sure he will be in good hands, and what a big difference the op will make to Mike jr, sending lots of hugs for him ((((((())))) try and not worry to much (easier said then done) please let us know when he is due to go in, and we will all support you all.
    Barbara .
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Hi Mike

Was wondering where you were!! Been busy I think!

Maybe it is paraplegia???? That's what what you can remeber makes me think of....

I am glad they have decided and that he will have the tests for you now.

Glad the DLA forms are gone. Dont crosss your fingers yet or they will get stuck in place before you hear back :wink: :roll:

LOve to you All

Toni xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Mike and family,

Good that surgeon thinks he can help. This will help Mike JR to be walk and run better and to do the things he wants to do more easily.
    Maybe it is paraplegia????
    that's what I wondered too ... does he have physio?

Good luck with DLA .. make sure you keep a copy of the forms, it will save you time next time if the award isn't indefinite ...

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • mike77
    Options
    Hi toni, and speedy, I looked up that word paraplegia, it does not meantion about the legs , the surgeon was surrpried to find that the exact same symtons that he had done surgery on had returned , he said he will not be able to solve this problem but just fix it to give him comfort.

he thinks it is this para thing cauesing the problem , Just wish he had wrote the word down , hazel asked him what it was , he just said that he would sent out a leaflet about it out to us .. I thought this op would solve the problem once and for all.

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hi Mike Hazel and Mjr,
    please let us know when you know.
    take care and try not to worry.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Love and all good wishes to you Mike, and Hazel, and Mike Junior.

He is such a handsome young man and this op can only benefit him. Try not to worry too much, although that`s like telling a parent not to breathe too much.........Ange.
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Mike and Family

This is good news for him and for you too Mike. Lets hope he will not have to wait too long before they do it.

Mike wait a while and you should receive a copy of the letter they send to your GP it is what they do now unless you say you do not want to receive them.

It will tell you exactly what the diagnosis is and what they are going to do.

If you do not receive it ask your gp about it also ask him to write it down.

love Trish x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Very best wishes to you and your family Mike. The operation will benefit your son so much.

Regards
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mike77
    Options
    Hi, I will keep you all informed about mikeJR, I was stunned today as hazel and I thought this would be his last operation on his right foot , now the dr wants to operate on his left leg and also thinks he might have this para thing whatever it is ????
    I will wait until I hear what the leaflet says and once he gets this nerve test the surgeon says he will be able to dignose it then( if it is this ) :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: we are very confushed, mike thought the surgeon said his epilepsy is causing it .

thanks for reading my post

Mike R & hazel & Mike JR :? :? :? :? :? :?
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Hi Mike

Yep it would be so good to know the cause wouldnt it?

When you get the leaflet you will know.

Love to you All

Toni xx