OMG - the world is stood still

Options
speedalong
speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
edited 27. Jun 2010, 16:04 in Community Chit-chat archive
Oh wow - the demolition mob have packed up early ... my neighbours must have gone to watch the match at the pub/with friends or family and for now my estate is how I would like it to be always ... calm and so quiet I can even hear birds singing!!

Don't burst my bubble. I know it won't last ... but just now, this moment in time ... utter bliss ....

Speedy
I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Speedy

get outside and enjoy it while it lasts - win or loose the racket will be back later :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,925
    Options
    Hi Speedy.
    you enjoy it its nice while it lasts.
    ytou can live in our street if you wont its quiet all the time.
    we only have 11 bunglows here and people think
    its too quiet.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    dachshund, that sounds like heaven. May I come and live with you? The drunks are parading down the road as I type. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Speedy

Get outside eat an ice cream or lolly or a drink and enjoy the birds singing. I expect they went to watch the match too.

Trish xx
  • speedalong
    Options
    I was outside - I love wireless - I had to share how lovely (and rare) it was!!! So for all the wrong reasons - when's the next England match?!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • speedalong
    Options
    Del,
    Never looked forward to a footie match being on so much!! :lol: Hope it has the same effect!!

Speedy

PS Think they must have been working more on the other side of the estate yesterday ... hence you heard it.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    HI Speedy

Hope you had a lovely break :wink:

Roll on Sunday eh? :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • speedalong
    Options
    dachshund wrote:
    Hi Speedy.
    you enjoy it its nice while it lasts.
    ytou can live in our street if you wont its quiet all the time.
    we only have 11 bunglows here and people think
    its too quiet.
    joan xx

Joan, whenever it is noisy here (this morning someone was pretending they were DJ in very large nightclub ie VERY loud music, only they couldn't decide what to play, so they kept switching CD's ...) I think of your lovely street ... and that I must reply to your post ... it sounds lovely.

Speedy
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    Speedy, ditto, been fantastic here, like a mass planet exodus... :D:D:D:D
  • speedalong
    Options
    oneday wrote:
    Speedy, ditto, been fantastic here, like a mass planet exodus... :D:D:D:D

Shame not going to be a repeat again for 4 years ...

Speedy