Qick DLA tip if awaiting the application pack

carola
carola Member Posts: 786
edited 28. Jun 2010, 13:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello everyone.

I called DLA line to request a form. 2 weeks later hadn't received it. I called them again and they said be patient! I called again yesterday and they said they would send one out again. I said that would mean a month minimum of waiting for a form! So I called my local job centre and they posted one out last night and I received it this morning.

So handy tip if wishing a DLA form - job centres have them. I wish I'd known that weeks ago!
Carol

Comments

• patriciamary
    patriciamary Member Posts: 117
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Carol. I was called into the job centre for an interview because I had been on incapacity benefit for two years. The lady that interviewed me said she was sorry I had to come in but she thought I should be applying for DLA and I was not fit for work. She went off to get the forms for me and when she came back she said "I've just had my knuckles rapped because we are not supposed to give them out" She did phone the DLA there and then and got one posted out to me, which took a couple of weeks but the date you request the form is the date stamped on the front of the form and the date they backdate any payment too. Obviously all job centres are doing their own thing.
    Regards
    Trisha
  • carola
    Hi Trisha

Thanks for your message.

Yep, I think the lady at the jobcentre was just being extra helpful although DLA telephone call said I could pick one up from the jobcentre if I wanted.

I was wondering about the date on the form too as the one I actually received today has yesterday's date on it and not the original date I requested one.

Hey ho!
    How did you get on with it?
    Carol
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    She went off to get the forms for me and when she came back she said, "I've just had my knuckles rapped because we are not supposed to give them out"
    My comment is that Jobcentreplus have the forms, but are not allowed to give them out to the people who need them. So why hold 1000s of forms at all? Jobsworths at the top blocking good/helpful people at the bottom, time for a cost saving clear out.

DLA forms are available online, but print 2 copies, one to send and your own completed copy to keep in case of queries. You can save a part completed computer form and go back to it later.

To print off and complete by hand: http://www.dwp.gov.uk/advisers/claimforms/dla1a_adult_print.pdf

To complete on your computer then print, (if you have difficulty using a pen): http://www.dwp.gov.uk/advisers/claimforms/dla1a_adult.pdf

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    You are a mine of useful information, plus wide awake. I have no useful info and am staggering to bed. I hope you are well, livinglegend. DD (May I call you LL? Saves a deal of typing!)
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Carol - how ridiculous ... that you were having to wait so long just for the form but when the DWP ask for info you have to respond to their deadlines - good job someone sensible at the job centre helped you out.

Hey Joseph - that IS good to know - takes me ages handwriting S's form (even though I keep a photocopy and so it is mainly copying out from before and tweaking,) He did finally get "indefinite" award this time round ... but then of course that was before the new government who suspect everyone of being a scrounger ...

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    You are a mine of useful information, plus wide awake. I have no useful info and am staggering to bed. I hope you are well, livinglegend. DD (May I call you LL? Saves a deal of typing!)
    It's knowing where to find stuff that counts, as my mind is too precious to waste on retaining junk which I can lookup. (I don't go in for false modesty, being an artist). Everyone has useful info stored somewhere in their heads, the tricky part is finding and using it.

Please call me Joseph, which meets your request halfway.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Thank you kind Sir! Good morning, Joseph. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • silverbreak
    silverbreak Member Posts: 46
    speedalong wrote:
    Carol - how ridiculous ... that you were having to wait so long just for the form

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/eservice/need.asp#

you can complete and send online?
  • carola
    Thanks for all your replies Folks.

Just thought you'd all appreciate the laugh that I receive x3 copies in the same post delivery!!!!!!

Good grief! :shock:

Carol