what is it

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 25. Jun 2010, 09:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
hello

just a question

I have OA in both my knees, and i'm getting pains in my mussles of my thighs and its going into my hips, the mussles on the side, could it be refered pain from my knees as it seems to help when i got my knee supports on, just wondering as i have been wondering why i,m aching, when the d.l.a doctor came to see me that time he said i was knocked kneed.

Could it be that my knees are the cause of the problem as i been looking up about knocked knees and its quite interesting, one night i was compairing my knees to that of my hubby and he got really boney ones.
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I suspect your muscles are hurting because your gait is affected by the OA in your knees ie you walk differently because of the pain. Knees often point inwards due to flat feet, so some sort of insole may well help. Sorry for the truncated reply: not having a good day. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Hi Sylvia

How very rude of the DLA doctor :shock:

DD is likely to be right about your walking odd with the pain, but to be sure I ouwld check with the doc next time you go there.

Love

Toni xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi

referred pain is common and having a "dodgy" joint puts lots of strain elsewhere. I would go to the GP and ask for a physio referral. As DD says your feet might be to blame too - so whilst you're there also ask to see a podiatrist - insoles might really help too ... unless your feet turn in to compensate for your knees ...

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.