referal

only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 25. Jun 2010, 11:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
hello

does anyone know if you can refer yourself to a physio or other people that might be able to help or do you have to go through doctor.
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I think it's thro a GP as well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    I think it depends - I always thought you had to go through the GP, but before my op I had physio and learnt that I could have self referred ..!! This was physio based at the local health centre (not my GP's surgery and not the hospital.)

I'd google services in your area ...

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    just thought i ask as i have always been given the impression that i have to just get on with and thats that, but i am the one that trying to delay arthur doing his worst by keeping active as much as i can etc etc and sometimes you just need a little help and understanding, i deal better with what i know that what i dont, and i'm not going to let arthur win, if he wants a fight he get one with the right help and support i know i can do it.
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • moongazer
    moongazer Member Posts: 67
    only49 wrote:
    just thought i ask as i have always been given the impression that i have to just get on with and thats that, but i am the one that trying to delay arthur doing his worst by keeping active as much as i can etc etc and sometimes you just need a little help and understanding, i deal better with what i know that what i dont, and i'm not going to let arthur win, if he wants a fight he get one with the right help and support i know i can do it.

Hi Only49

I've paid to see chiropracter and physio myself in the past when I've been in a lot of pain. Both were local to where I live and I chose them because they have good reputations. The cost of seeing them was around £30-£35 for a session.

Physio took longer to have effect, chiro was immediate relief. A lot of money but at the time it was worth it.
    Good luck
    Moongazer [/list][/list][/code]