A Pit Bull Terrier has just eaten my garden fence

frogmorton
frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
edited 26. Jun 2010, 03:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I would have stayed in the house too Alan :shock:

very wise methinks!!

I think the other day Julie (snowball)'s brother's cat was attcaked by one of them.

Glad you are ok though and that Manchester has returned to normal now?

Love

Toni xx

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Alan.
    i'm glad you did not have a dog or cat in your garden.
    it must have been worrying for you.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    dachshund wrote:
    Hi Alan.
    i'm glad you did not have a dog or cat in your garden.
    it must have been worrying for you.
    joan xx

OMG

Joan!!

I never even thought of that :shock:

Lucky really

Love

Toni xx
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    A Pit Bull!!!!

Yikes, I'm scared of the teeniest dogs, a pit bull
    would have totally freaked me out.
    Glad you didnt venture outside alanman

Kath
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Blimey!! Imagine what he would have done if he was really angry?!

So what are you going to replace the fence with?

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Our pet dog, Flint was a working guide dog until being attacked by one of those. Grrr.

Only funny thing about that attack was that the dog's owner was then attacked by a dozen women with their handbags!

I hope you can send its' owner the repair bill,

Lois x
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Dodgy...

That kind of thing never happens in Derby...

Well it hasn't this week anyway!

Nx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Manchester is also called gunchester so can't you pop down the local purchase an Uzi of one of the local gangsta's and next time it does it pop a cap in it's ****!. mind you with any luck maybe it will get had by a dog warden and got rid off, those things are muscles with more teeth than the entire Osmands family!
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Alan,

I just wondered where was its owner?

See under the DDA they are not allowed out in public except on a lead....

You would be amazed at how powerful their jaws are, I can't remember what but more than a rottie and those are over 400lbs per square inch....

its such a shame cus they can be nice dogs just they often end up belonging to people who shouldn't have a normal dog let alone one like this.

The DDA is a terribly badly worded act and incidents like this will not help and could lead to even worse acts being brought in... Sorry nit of a soap box here... Cris x
  • pluggathome
    pluggathome Member Posts: 171
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Alan,

I just wondered where was its owner?

See under the DDA they are not allowed out in public except on a lead....

You would be amazed at how powerful their jaws are, I can't remember what but more than a rottie and those are over 400lbs per square inch....

its such a shame cus they can be nice dogs just they often end up belonging to people who shouldn't have a normal dog let alone one like this.

The DDA is a terribly badly worded act and incidents like this will not help and could lead to even worse acts being brought in... Sorry nit of a soap box here... Cris x

I agree, they can be lovely dogs and more often than not are owned by people who shouldn't own a gnat.

Bill and doggy training for the owner required me thinks.
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    have dog warden telephone number handy or the polices tel num
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Hi babycham, now you say our country has gone to the dogs, well not dogs so much as half the worlds dross I fear, not content with breeding our own parastic idiots we import quite a few from what I can see, Hmm I wonder if me gramps would have thought all his sacrifice at Dunkirk and later as a desert rat was really worth it. seems to me we won a war and let the liberals give it away.
    Look don't get me wrong I'm not a total xenophobe but I really get angry when i see some of the dross we allow to stay here even when they have commited a nasty crime on one of our own!!??.
    sorry I started going all faint then!?.
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Hi Toni my brothers cat has been out today for about 5 mins, he heard a dog bark and flew back inside.

Last year a guide dog puppy who had just gone in for training was run over and killed by a drunken asylum seeker who was high on herion with no licence, he got banned for 1 year 6months probation and permission to stay in this country. Can anyone tell me the justice in that.

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • oneday
    babycham wrote:
    babycham wrote:
    mellman01 wrote:
    Hi babycham, now you say our country has gone to the dogs, well not dogs so much as half the worlds dross I fear, not content with breeding our own parastic idiots we import quite a few from what I can see, Hmm I wonder if me gramps would have thought all his sacrifice at Dunkirk and later as a desert rat was really worth it. seems to me we won a war and let the liberals give it away.
    Look don't get me wrong I'm not a total xenophobe but I really get angry when i see some of the dross we allow to stay here even when they have commited a nasty crime on one of our own!!??.
    sorry I started going all faint then!?.
    Me to Mell absolutely If having a bloody gripe about abouts whats going on in our England today means calling us bloody xenophobe Good I dont care we have to stand up and be counted ...o old to be the children of the revoluti but we can still have a bloody good scrap over it al LBabychamxxp
    Do you know what really gets to me and breaks my heart those young men going out to fight in helman p ... Afg..............n all the crap for what at the end off the day a country that gives succur to the bone idle benifit scrounger have a kid get a council flat take drugs get rehab and a methadone program.. Oh give me stengh ....Sorry guysxxLBabycham

oh dont get me started, i thnk troops go to head of council home list and benefit work shy dont even get a look in,cantg stand em, cant see what i am typing as screen jumping.
  • oneday
    Babysham
    It's funny really because I live on one of Manchesters toughest estates, but I swear to you, no-one has ever said a word to me, threatened me or anything. I must look threatening or something, no herbert has ever touched me.

ahh but you had short hair cut didnt you? you probably look well hard! like ex sas guy etc....