acupuncture

Options
englishrose
englishrose Member Posts: 99
edited 26. Jun 2010, 07:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have had RA for about 9 years. Have lost an awful lot of muscle - and have bad back pain between shoulder blades. I think it is not osteo or RA as it is fine in the morning and only gets bad about 4 hours later. So, to get to the point I made an appointment for Acupuncture. She felt that it was not RA or osteo but more likely loss of muscle. She stuck in some needles and asked lots of questions. Will go again next week - BUT I AM CONVINCED IT HAS HELPED ALREADY. Bl**dy marvelous. Will keep you all posted.
Jane

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    How fab that it has really helped. Like most treatments it works for some and not for others.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Wow Jane!!!!

I get this too - at least I think it's the same thing, but I get bowts of it for a week or so at a time.

Might be watching this thread :wink:

So pleased for you

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I believe it does work, not for everybody but for some, and I really hope you are one of those. Fingers crossed. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • kevlar
    kevlar Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi Jane,
    very interested to hear about alternative meds being effective.

There is something to be said for those inscrutable Chinese.

I liked the pun about getting to the point too!
  • silverbreak
    silverbreak Member Posts: 46
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    It worked for me too and exactly in the same place. A frozen shoulder was released immediately with a needle in the calf. :shock:

hi sorry probably wrong thread but was looking at the painclinic site(just google it) and mention is made of a 'pain-gone' or 'pain away'
    pen. Has anyone tried one of these and if so does it give relief?
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have seen advertisements for them but I am sceptical, simply because TENs doesn't work for me and this is something similar I feel. My mum spent a fortune on a batttery-operated magnet type thing, not at my request. I tell her it helps, but I'm lying. We are vulnerable to those who wish to take our money. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    It worked for me too and exactly in the same place. A frozen shoulder was released immediately with a needle in the calf. :shock:

hi sorry probably wrong thread but was looking at the painclinic site(just google it) and mention is made of a 'pain-gone' or 'pain away'
    pen. Has anyone tried one of these and if so does it give relief?

Yes, I have been using one for years, useful when out and about. Find with me it works only on specific areas and specific pain, but does give a lot of relief. Also found it good when I was working as I didn't want to take a lot of painkillers - needed a clear head to work!

Annie
  • airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579
    Options
    The muscle loss can be added to the loss of condition for ligaments and tendons and how injury occurs easily because of these factors and because of the lack of condition the healing will take a long time.

The answer? What ever your condition, try to keep doing as much as you can for a long as you can and if you can't do that, find something else to do.

Right, what is it to be this w/e, bungee jumping, waterskiing or mountainbike trail riding? or even.......pulling the cork out of a .......

8) Its a grin, honest!