smacked my hand again!!

Options
annajayne
annajayne Member Posts: 28
edited 26. Jun 2010, 07:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
why is it, having a good day, forget about my wrists, do some ironing (wich can hardly ever do!), put ironing away, smack my hand on wall...now in agony!! GGGRRRRRR................sorry just letting it out..

Hope everyone else is ok

anna
x

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ooooh ouch!! Felt that. Pop your hand under the tap for a bit.

Then kick the ironing board (safer than the wall!)

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • annajayne
    Options
    lol!dare not kick the ironing board...me toes are about the only bit that are any good!!!

wont be doing anymore ironing...for a few days anyway!!

I so wanna be normal!!!!!!.....................just about had enough of this RA lark!!!!!!!

x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Aw!!

Anna Chick :(

Who put the blumin wall there anyway??

Hhmmph :roll:

Good intentions eh :roll:

Hope it feels better soon.
    LOve

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    That's the problem with good days, they make you lower your guard.

Seriously, I am sorry, it's typical isn't it, you do something that is normally a struggle then un-intentionally hurt yourself. Rest them as much as you can for the rest of the day, perhaps that will help. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi

Ouch - that sounds painful!!

Ironing??? I think that must be that thing I gave up years ago after reading Shirley Conran's 'Superwoman' book..

I only buy things that you can wash. spin and then hang up to get the creases out..

Mind you, it was nice, when I stayed with my sister after my hip operation, to have my dressing gown ironed before I put it on..

Best wishes

Marion
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    I only buy things that you can wash. spin and then hang up to get the creases out..

Me too, Marion - but only because I have better things to do than ironing .... like ... like ... BEING ON THE FORUM!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Oh Anna, has it settled down yet? What a thing to happen and you had just earned all those brownie points for ironing. Not fair. :roll:

Lv, Ix
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Anna,

Oh that sounds painful.... I think that's the trouble when we feel a bit better we forget and get hurt along the way..... As Speedy says stick it under a tap fr a bit and I hope it soon calms down for you.

Me well i never iron..... but then.... I have the pulled through a hedge ensemble running for me :lol::lol::lol::lol: Cris x
  • annajayne
    Options
    hey thanks all u,
    Took some pain killers and went and had (wrongly or not) quite a few glasses of wine......mtx or what...who cares lol...thats how i feel.!!!
    feel loads better...................opps lol

x
  • annajayne
    Options
    oh and if i didnt ironing that pile on my bedroom floor would just get bigger...i wont be a scruff, i wont be defeated...i wont let anyone else do anything for me.......I try me best lol

x
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Good for you Annajayne...

Glad you enjoyed the wine.. hope you hand is OK by tomorrow..

Marion
  • annajayne
    Options
    Thanku, I really enjoyed the wine...and unfortunatly i have to have some more 2mrw.... in moderation lol!!!! sometimes it has to be done!! lol....

That will prob be it for about 4 weeks, but sometimes it does help.

Thank god I have my little boy, cos I really think without him I wouldnt bother with stuff too much....but his the best thing ever and for that...I will ! lol

anna
    x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It is the glass that cheers, and you needed cheering. Job done! I hope your hand is feeling better today. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • annajayne
    Options
    feel loads better today, what a difference a day can make. no ironing, no cause to hit my hand lol...til the next time..

looking forward to tonight!!!!

no more self pity...funny how I go back in a circle to that, when its quite obviuos people are worse off than me!!!................or in a similar position. Think cos I dont know anyone else with anything similar its hard to put it into prospecitve.

happy head on now!!

x