Emergency Outfit Planning

ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 29. Jun 2010, 12:20 in Community Chit-chat archive
Right Ladies (and any gents who wish to participate)

I am going out tonight to a "leaving" do - she's not actually leaving because her contract has been renewed. I've been shopping for summer clothes and have several outfits in mind, but now have the following dilemmas:

- Flats or heels? I have both in strappy sandals... Flats would be more comfy but heels look more glam?

- Do I wear my denim shorts or a summer dress? If so, with what shoes?

- IF I wear the denim shorts, should I then wear a glitzy top or a t-shirt?

- Hair up or down? I have shoulder length hair which was washed yesterday and can be either... It's been up most of this week but I don't want to end up with a frizzy mess at the end of the night because it's so warm out

- Bearing in mind that I usually get quite plastered (but in a ladylike way, obviously), should I take a handbag which will add to my glamour but will then leave abandoned on a chair until my exasperated friend picks it up and carries it for me? Or should I wear my denim shorts so I can put keys, money and mobile in the pockets? That's not very night-outy, though, is it?

Help please! I am at work till 4:30 and the servers have been down all afternoon!

Nx

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Heels definately with the summer dress, nice, smart, glitter trimmed cardie and hair down.Enjoy yourself.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • pluggathome
    pluggathome Member Posts: 171
    Are you dressed yet?

I would have gone for sandals, comfy, cool, and easy to walk in when piddled.

Shorts, cool, and no-one can see yer pants when yer fall over.

Spangly top,for a bit of glam and so yer can fall over in style.

Have a fab night, I have a hen party tmo night, no drinking for me,can't do it, so I will be having your dilema about 4pm tmo :?

Let us know what you went with.

Pluggxx
    :D
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    wow you have left it a bit late!
    first you want to be comfy! and cool (as in not perspring)..think i am brain dead tonight cant spell anything.....i digress.........also dont wear any trousers with loads of belts,zips etc as if queue at toilet might not undress in time etc etc.........dont wear white..food spills...
    basically flat shoes and all in black....sorry not much help....but if its dark who is going to see?!!
  • oneday
    Had further review of your thread, here goes....
    wear the shorts, flat shoes,sparkly top and handbag with long strap so you can put across body....you can get drunk, be cool and not loose your bag, jobs a good un, have nice time.. :D
  • oneday
    rehab44 wrote:
    ninakang wrote:
    Right Ladies (and any gents who wish to participate)

I am going out tonight to a "leaving" do - she's not actually leaving because her contract has been renewed. I've been shopping for summer clothes and have several outfits in mind, but now have the following dilemmas:

- Flats or heels? I have both in strappy sandals... Flats would be more comfy but heels look more glam?

- Do I wear my denim shorts or a summer dress? If so, with what shoes?

- IF I wear the denim shorts, should I then wear a glitzy top or a t-shirt?

- Hair up or down? I have shoulder length hair which was washed yesterday and can be either... It's been up most of this week but I don't want to end up with a frizzy mess at the end of the night because it's so warm out

- Bearing in mind that I usually get quite plastered (but in a ladylike way, obviously), should I take a handbag which will add to my glamour but will then leave abandoned on a chair until my exasperated friend picks it up and carries it for me? Or should I wear my denim shorts so I can put keys, money and mobile in the pockets? That's not very night-outy, though, is it?

Help please! I am at work till 4:30 and the servers have been down all afternoon!

Nx
    Heels
    Short tight shorts
    t shirt braless
    bag? who gives a damn if you are dressed like that :shock:
    You would look gorgeous in a sack Nina

Is that what you would wear rehab, hee hee....?
  • ninakang
    Thank you for all the messages - I read them on my mobile. I wore:

Denim shorts
    Sparkly sleeveless t-shirt
    Flat sandals
    Across the body handbag (my friend still ended up looking after it for me)

I think that was a good mix of everyone's?! I had a lovely night out and got quite drunk :) Still, you're only 33 once!

Hope everyone else is having a lovely weekend

Nx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Only 33. I remember 33. It was fun.

Glad you had a good time ninakang! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • oneday
    rehab44 wrote:
    oneday wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    Heels
    Short tight shorts
    t shirt braless
    bag? who gives a damn if you are dressed like that :shock:
    You would look gorgeous in a sack Nina

Is that what you would wear rehab, hee hee....?
    I can wear a sack with the best of them :D

ooh, how itchy..
  • tkachev
    ninakang wrote:
    Thank you for all the messages - I read them on my mobile. I wore:

Denim shorts
    Sparkly sleeveless t-shirt
    Flat sandals
    Across the body handbag (my friend still ended up looking after it for me)

I think that was a good mix of everyone's?! I had a lovely night out and got quite drunk :) Still, you're only 33 once!

Hope everyone else is having a lovely weekend

Well I got it totally wrong ! Glad you had a lovely time anyway.

Elizabeth

Nx

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ninakang
    Elizabeth

It's still good to have lots of opinions to compare :) I have wardrobe crises like this quite often. I don't know what Gok would make of my wardrobe and there's no WAY I'd let him reduce my wardrobe to 24 items - I have more handbags than that! Much as I love him to bits and think he's fantastic, I wouldn't go on his show. He'd get rid of my scruffy baggy clothes!

Nx
  • tkachev
    Yes totally with you on that one but it would be nice to know what clothes suit my figure. I spent ages on the internet yesterday doing just that. I am now well confused....apple? Pear? cornet? brick?!!!!!!!!
    Got 2 weddings to attend and havent a stitch to wear!

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Don't then - treat everyone! At least you'd be comfy. On the other hand, you might divert attention from the bride. Hmmmm. Better wear something then. Got it! A BIG hat! DD
  • tkachev
    Once upon a time.......Its just that I have put on so much weight these past 2 years everything is too small now and I no longer know what suits me. If i knew what shape I was I could get an idea. I think I am an apple...havent tried Gok yet so will give him a go.

E x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    I know the feeling! Apples tend to be round all over, pears are smaller on top and wider round the hips. My increasing hattieness has not yet fully swallowed up my hour-glass, but it's not far off. Never mind what suits: go for what you like and what feels bearable! Maxi dresses work for all, I reckon, and there are some lovely ones around. DD
  • ninakang
    I'm pretty sure Gok's tips and tricks are on channel4.com/gok or something like that. Try it and see what figures you have.

I rely on my 11 year old daughter to dress me most of the time. She'd do well as Gok's assistant, that one.

What would you like to wear, Elizabeth? A simple shift dress with a HUMUNGOUS hat would look fab. I'm dying to be invited to an English wedding so I can invest in a hat :)

Nx