Arthur's take over bid - Help

Options
mummyb
mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
edited 26. Jun 2010, 07:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well the xray results are in and I guess they just confrmed what I already knew but didn't want to admit. So now its confirmed Arthur has officially set up base in my neck, shoulders, elbows and feet and today the confirmation that I have polyarthritis in my hands and wrists and some other arthritis in my knees (didn't really hear what he said), still not sure what type, most of it is osteo but signs of crystals in the base of my thumbs and a rheumatoid factor of 98. So how do I feel right now numb, confused, resigned and so so sad. What is this going to mean for me now. Oh here we go the tears are coming...stop feeling sorry for myself. I need to hope things can be better than this, or is that just futile. Need to keep positive, how when I feel like I've been hit with a sledgehammer. I'm so tired with all the disturbed nights lately, look like they might continue for the moment, going to see doc midweek to discuss, need to pull myself together before then hmmmmmm. Wise words and reassuance gratefully accepted.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh hun, I am so, so, sorry. No wise words, just a gentle (). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mummyb
    Options
    Thanks DD much appreciated xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Brenda,

I am sorry you have had all this thrown at you and sending a ((((( ))))). One thing I do know it does get easier flower so hang in there. Love Cris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Take some time out to sulk and grieve. It really is the only way sometimes. It's good that you are seeing your doctor next week, remember to list any questions/details of pain etc so that he/she has the fullest picture possible. I know you have been having some really rough nights, and the tiredness does make it so much worse. I will take my 'puter up with me tonight, then there is no excuse for not firing her up and seeing if you're about. I don't guarantee that I'll be about but if I am, I will. Have another one of these - I don't give 'em out willy-nilly! () DD
  • mummyb
    Options
    Thanks so much Cris and DD, I guess I just need to get my head round it all and what it means, when I undertand it better it will feel easier I'm sure. Thank you so much for being there and for the hugs ((((((()))))) love Brenda xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Understanding helps for sure, but it takes time to understand. The sheer malevolence of this is horrible, the unfairness grotesque, the disappointment immense. We're all here for you, mummyb. We're an excellent resource, use us. DD
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Brenda, I'm so sorry you've been hit on the head with all this. It will take a while for you to accept that you will need to do things differently at times. It's taken me a long time.

Some of mine has been labelled polyarthritis, too, so I know where you are coming from.

Annie
    xx
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Brenda, you say, I must stop feeling sorry for myself. Why should you? You`ve just been delivered a helluva blow. It`s like a little death, and you need to grieve, before you can even dream of acceptance. You are slowly losing the old Brenda, you will need to give yourself lots of time, before feeling ready to accept the new one.

What I can promise you is, you WILL accept her. Just don`t expect it to be any time soon. Talk everything through with your medics. Get as much information as you possibly can. Knowledge really is power. We are always here to help you along.......Much love.......Ange.
  • mummyb
    Options
    Thanks guys, I know you're right, thanks for being there it certainly helps to know you are all there. Just feel like crying in the corner at the mo, but back down to earth, got to get my little man ready for bed,,, life goes on eh, just not as we know it Onwards and upwards Brenda xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Brave words. Good on you. DD
  • moongazer
    moongazer Member Posts: 67
    Options
    I am really sorry that you have had this news. You must feel devastated and so tired on top of it all. You are justified in having a good cry.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you and I will be thinking of you.

Moongazer
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Brenda,

I'm sorry to hear your news.

Caring for the little man is harder at times like this - but will also keep you grounded.

Be prepared for the docs and if you can't wait that long - get an emergency appointment just to see what might help with the sleep. Lack of sleep lowers tolerance and makes everything feel even worse and harder to cope with, then deal with your questions at the existing appointment.

Be kind to yourself,

(((hugs)))

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    mummyb wrote:
    Well the xray results are in and I guess they just confrmed what I already knew but didn't want to admit.
    [/quote
    right first off you will be in no more pain that you are now second they can start to find right treatment for you thirdly when you get right meds you will sleep better and feel less like you are wearing lead boots all the time and last but not least you have us remember we are here for you when ever you need us ((())) :)
    val
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Oh Brenda I remmember that feeling well. Yes do have your cry best thing for releasing the pent up feelings. Even though you where expecting it, it's not the same as hearing the words.

As the others have said, you will start to come to terms with it. When the medication starts to work and you get your sleep pattern back things will not seem so dark. Promise!

You have managed so well on your own, please do not forget that.
    Help is at hand and just go into one day at a time mode while you get to grips with it all.

Lots of hugs Brenda.

Lv, Ix
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thinking of you. DD
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Sorry to hear your news Brenda, but hope your doctor is able to explain the situation fully when you see him/her next week. It helps to know exactly what you are 'up against'.

Please let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Marion
  • mummyb
    Options
    Wow, thanks again guys for all your words of wisdom, advice and best wishes, it always overwhelms me just how generous you all are in terms of time to be there for each other and and caring for one another.. I am so pleased I found this place, it is so good to know that I don't have to deal with this alone. I will get my head around all of this and then I will be able to get it in some sort of perspective, until then, thanks again for being there, it means the world to me. Brenda t4431.gifBig thanks xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Oh Benda :(

I am so so sorry I missed this yesterday and so so sorry about the news :(

My top ten tip??

keep busy....

let it sink in.....

cry if you want to......

rant if you want to.....

then next week you will be thinking way clearer when you get to the docs.

Love and HUGE hugs

Toni xx