Retail Therapy

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 29. Jun 2010, 03:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
Right girls and boys, I've been out and spent money I don't really have on stuff I don't really need. Why does that make me feel so much better? DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    A glorious linen shirt with ruffles down the front (I don't EVER do ruffles) but it does look smart, a nice dull French blue in colour, v smart, and some more beads for my Lovelinks bracelet, one genuine lovelink, 2 el cheapo versions but they set off the rest of the bracelet. I had £50 not allocated for anything in particular, blown the lot. :D
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    I have been naughty too :D
    Went on a website for a particular type of make of bag i like and bought 2 as they were half price.......
    Think we should have a cyber shop girls!! and look at each others stuff, then go for cyber coffee and cake with all our nice bags of purchases,oooh.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    It made you feel good thats all that matters.If you feel worried or upset cos you shouldnt have spent it thats when you have to worry.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • oneday
    Options
    just remembered i bought a bag last saturday in the sales as well.omg
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh, done that many times! It's only money. There's always more to be had of that. :D (who has sort-of managed to climb out of financial doldrums, and duly celebrated the fact!)
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Options
    Wow........really exciting.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rob x..... a045.gif
    Roba045.gif
  • pluggathome
    pluggathome Member Posts: 171
    Options
    I've given up wondering why it makes us feel better, it just does and thats enough for me.

I bought me cook book today cus the soups looked fab but also found a science book for kids with 50 experiments and bought that for me BBF son for £3.00. Some school holiday downtown for me BBF when the 'I'm bored starts. Happy and a bargain to boot!

Pluggxx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I did retail therapy this morning - or tried to! Couldn't find anything I liked, but did buy some pampering things for my poor feet.

I can try again next week - whoopee.

Annie
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I've just remembered: The Husband owes me £70! YIPPEE! Marks and Spencers tomorrow for navy linen trousers that fit (unlike the seven pairs already in the wardrobe that don't, thanks to the hatty factor.) :lol: DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Shopping, robertls, is VERY IMPORTANT. DD
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I've just bought a new mouse for my PC, I love using it because it glides so easily ....my old one was like pushing and pulling it through treacle :roll:

Off to play some more with my mousem03127.gif

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Your house sounds like mine, oneday, bags everywhere! One can never have too many handbags. DD
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Nope, DD and Oneday - bags don't do it for me ... I love buying books ...
    Each to their own ...

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    We've run out of book shelf space, they are piled up in odd corners, next to the bed, on the upper stairs, everywhere. They are lovely things too. DD (who's off to bed with Jack Reacher - if only)
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Since arther made me give up sitting on floors in book shops - I do buy lots from amazon, Babysham ... love it when they arrive.
    We've run out of book shelf space, they are piled up in odd corners, next to the bed, on the upper stairs, everywhere.
    My house is the same ...

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • oneday
    Options
    well would you believe, well you would if you knew me, which yu do!! i have desktop downstairs and netbook in bedroom...heres me lay in bed thinking i wonder if Dash has a Sale on cos their jeans are the best fit..so what do i do jump, well in a fashion (pun), out of bed to check on interent......
    of course check emails first and loads from AC....
    so to finally reply to bits i have read..
    bags...dare i confess further...how really naughty i have been!! as well as ordering off the internet some bags..last night watching shopping channel and ordered another 3....i need help...

Books

family get sick of me with nose in books. But...and this is v useful...i go onto my library,council website, and they list new stock...i have a look and order loads of lovely new books which in 99 per cent of time i am first reader and get pristine new book...not bought it and not n not got problem where to put them
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    That is a serious bag addiction! Dash jeans - don't make 'em big enough, lovely for you greyhound gals tho! Can't make it to Marks today, legs are bu*****d from yesterday. D'oh! DD
  • oneday
    Options
    i am getting worried as yesterday i seemed thick and today is the same....realised...what a plonker about Jack Reacher or should i say its dawned on me who it is, just read last book 66 hours, pristine library book and before that read the Visitor i think..if that the murders in the bath one. also like peter james books sort of same. alex kava same theme,vein.....then alison burnett some good books and stephen leather...and if brain worked could remember more then i always get historical ones...i read so many i cant remember the titles!!
    p.s jack sounds my kinda guy too!
  • oneday
    Options
    i certainly NOT a greyhound, not bulldog though, dash go up to size 20 and jeans generous fit and have stretch.....i wish i could wear more trendy clothes to match my brain but cos i not size 14, was once, cant get any to fit! where sells trendy big sizes
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Jack Reacher. 'Nuff said. Size 20? Yep, I remember size 20. Ho hum, never mind. I'm still lovely - yeah, right! - and in some cultures I would be worshipped. DD
  • oneday
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Jack Reacher. 'Nuff said. Size 20? Yep, I remember size 20. Ho hum, never mind. I'm still lovely - yeah, right! - and in some cultures I would be worshipped. DD

yes, cultures...we would be worshipped, right looked on dash website, got fed up and am in v bad position, lay on front and back hurting, know i shouldnt lie like this...so catch you later, will strip bed, put washer on,go shopping etc.....have a nice day everyone.
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    I can't BELIEVE I nearly missed a thread about shopping!!!

Oneday - Evans does fabulous clothes in bigger sizes, have you been in recently? They were a bit mediocre years ago, but I went in one day because I really liked the dress in the window and ended up spending £50. I'm a size 10/12 but have broad shoulders (all mum's fault) so loose flowing dresses from there fit perfectly.

I never justify my shopping trips. My husband gave up YEARS ago asking me if something I was wearing was new or not. This has sucessfully paved the way for his 3 daughters to follow my lead and realise that you can never have enough shoes or handbags, jewelry, t-shirts... :)

Nx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Went to M&S today, despite the pain, to order in a new skirt for 13th wedding anniversary celebrations, which are imminent. Hooray on both counts! DD
  • oneday
    Options
    Hi fellow shoppers...
    yep, have seen Evans ,cheers....
    today went to dash, got a nice denim jacket was £50, down to £15, a blouse and waistcoat, all in the sale. I actually was going for jeans! but they only had one style and couldnt zip up zip, decided must be tight fit as had many of theirs before. also their max size used to be 20 but seen some 22. My Mum coudnt believe everytime i tried something i said ooh, i want a bigger size, she said they looked fine, but i said i like to be comfy!...think i should just wear a kaftan or something!
    got some nail varnish too to match the colour of handbags i ordered - think i need to stay away from shops now!
    I kept seeing good mark downs but restrained myself. As nice and sunny got a nice take out sandwich and sat outside eating it!
    v enjoyable indeedy!! :D
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    I want to go shopping now but I have to sit here at work like a chump!

Nx