Greetings people

surfer
surfer Member Posts: 3
edited 2. Jul 2010, 09:56 in Say Hello Archive
I have RA and the wife has OA probably from a mis-spent youth. The wife has only recentoly being diagnosed with her problem whereas I have had mine for the past 11 years.
We were keen caravanners but have had to give it up and are now looking for a new hobby to keep us occupied. I was keen on beer tasting my wife disagreed. LoL!
Unfortunately I am on Pension credit as no one wants to employ a sixty year old with sisabilities who needs to take time off work every now and then as cannot cope. In addition to RA I have some worn joints in my lower back which causes considerable pain if sitting on a chair for longer than 20 minutes. Orthopaedic chairs are better but after awhile I know I have a back.
Wife is off sick at present as she can no longer cope with the repetitive work in the factory. They cannot fidn her any light non-repetitive work to do so in a bit of a limbo at present. She does not want to resign as she will lose out on her pension which is a reasonable one.
Right pair of old crocks we are but at least we are alive and enjoying another day.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello surfer, welcome to you and the missus. I would like to hear about her mis-spent youth: were you involved at any point?

I'm sorry to hear that you are both having a tough time at the moment. We all have our ups and downs on the forums, so we do understand the complications and pressures that life deals us, on a nauseatingly regular basis! Please look round the other forums: LWA is for all things connected to living with this disease, CC is for fun (there is currently a cruise going on, it's worth a look in but I cannot guarantee your safety under that motley crew), and the working forum is for matters connected to employment and its laws. Generally we are a cheery bunch - please take the plunge and join in. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Surfer - and welcome from me too.
    Sorry you are having such a tough time both of you, but glad you have found us!
    Look forward to seeing you posting.
    Love Tilly x
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi Surfer and your wife

A warm welcome from me.

The people on here are very nice and very understanding. If you both need to rant then please do it. You might feel better.

As it has already been said there are the different Forums on here. LWA is where we ask Arthur related problems.

CChat is where we relax a bit, maybe you and your wife would like to visit the cafe and have a cuppa meet some of the people. We talk about so many things including arthur.

There are lots of Threads on CChat, just jump in where you want to.

I hope to see you posting soon and your wife would be welcome too.

Love Trish xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Mr and mrs Surfer

very pleased to meet you and welcome you to the forums :D

you are very welcome - I'm thinking you might be as much use to us as we will try to be to you :wink:

Love

Toni xx