ouch suffering today

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 10. Jul 2010, 13:53 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi

yesterday was such a nice day i thought i go out in the garden and attend to a plant called lady's mantle (its green and grows very well and even i cant kill its very hardy and has yellow flowers on it ) it really needed doing and now i sore guess Arthur don't like me doing that, but its done now, made my hands sore and with standing my knees and thighs oh well.

anyway it made me realize that this is going to be difficult next time so i sent off for one of those things you see people picking up littler with ( crabber thing) and i use that to save me bending, its true you don't realize until your sore what mussels you use and how things are harder since Arthur came to visit when i get my grabber thing i can always use it to pinch Arthur :lol::lol: and make him pay :):)
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi

There are gardening tools for disabled gardeners, also people who are older or with some other problem.

I got a set quite a long time ago. You can get one that prunes which is what you need and you would not have to bend anymore.

They also do one that helps you to turn the soil over and another that makes a hole so you can put plants in it.

I'm sure they would still be making them and I found them a great help as I loved gardening.

I did use mine a lot but since becoming more disabled I never used them and gave them away years ago.

I hope this helps you.

Trish x
  • only49
    Options
    hi trisher

luckily we only grass and shrubs which hubby takes care off and he cuts the grass as well, so that's all i have to do, lucky a small garden so that's good, but i keep your suggestions in mind you never know when it will be needed.
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Sorry you are suffering for your garden exploits!

I think that pinching arther is the best possible use for the grabber!

We have lots of ladies mantle in the garden - didn't plant it was "just there". I love it but it does tend to take over a bit! I noticed at the garden centre recently that they were selling it in pots for about £6 each so I thought I would dig some of mine up to sell - would make me very rich I think! :lol:

Love Tilly x
  • only49
    Options
    hi tilly

you should see mine one great big clump and i think the roots must go down a long way, as we inherited our it was here when we moved in, i thought about digging it up, but it would leave a big hole so i cant be bothered i attack it every year, not a plant person, no green fingers at all, things just die on me, mum in-law used to say i used to kill it with kindness, she was very good with her plants, she even said that she used to talk to them.
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    sorry to hear you're suffering today. I hope you feel better soon

Nina XXX
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    tillytop wrote:

We have lots of ladies mantle in the garden - didn't plant it was "just there". I love it but it does tend to take over a bit! I noticed at the garden centre recently that they were selling it in pots for about £6 each so I thought I would dig some of mine up to sell - would make me very rich I think! :lol:

Love Tilly x

:lol::lol::lol:

Could set up a stall in your car boot ... in the carpark and undersell them at £5 ... free enterprise, isn't it?!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • only49
    Options
    speedalong wrote:
    tillytop wrote:

Love Tilly x

:lol::lol::lol:

Could set up a stall in your car boot ... in the carpark and undersell them at £5 ... free enterprise, isn't it?!

Speedy
    well that one be one way to get rid of it, as it does take over.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    sorry you are in pain hope things better now val
    val
  • only49
    Options
    valval wrote:
    sorry you are in pain hope things better now val
    still a little sore but now its my hands that bugging me got my fingerless gloves on to see if that will help, its mainly in my back of my fingers and the backs of my hands