is she ok

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 20. Jul 2010, 09:25 in Community Chit-chat archive
hello

just been wondering has dream daisy been on here just lately as either i not been on a lot or i just not been on when she on,

I wonder how she is ? does anyone know? I hope she OK ?

sylvia
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sylvia,

She is fine but away for a couple of weeks and has no Internet access.... She is having a good time though but said she was missing the forum... cold turkey is never good :wink:

She is fine though. Cris
  • only49
    Options
    thanks cris

i was wondering if she was ok, maybe she gone to the same kind of place i will be going to soon as there is no mobile network coverage there or internet either, still its only 2 weeks, i hope she having a good rest, i know i am needing it, cant wait but i miss my computer, and so will my son but nice to get away makes you appreciate all the things you do have at home.
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    only49 wrote:
    thanks cris

i was wondering if she was ok, maybe she gone to the same kind of place i will be going to soon as there is no mobile network coverage there or internet either, still its only 2 weeks, i hope she having a good rest, i know i am needing it, cant wait but i miss my computer, and so will my son but nice to get away makes you appreciate all the things you do have at home.[/quote]

Very true, Only49.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    she's on the razz on the coast, probably full of fish and chips and one to many PIMS!!!!.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    She's halfway thorugh her hols now anyway.....

wont be long before she's back.

I agree with you Cris - cold turkey is nOT good eh? :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    babycham wrote:
    Hi everyone yes it has been a little bit strange without D/d just one more week to go for normal service to be resumed Cris you.ll need to pop across that Tamar Bridge and take that Pimms of her if Mels right we dont want her in any trouble Toni did you tell her I was apart from the odd trip behind the compost heap ........encouraged by Tilly Oh yes it will be great to have her back :):) B/Cham

See gardening thread Cham... :wink:
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    I told DD about he thread, she was really moved by it so thanks Sylvia.

She is enjoying her self and hopefully surviving no internet :roll: I don't know as I could now......
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Am I right Cris - is it BEER she's on - found a good one in Devon (is that possible Cris - Cornish HAS to be better :wink: )

Halfway through already :wink:

Toni xx
  • only49
    Options
    good morning all,

its always the same it feels like ages waiting to go away on your holidays and when your away it fly's by too quick, it feels like that with me at the mo, but one thing i found i always find it good to get back to my home as his less busy here compared to where i am going.
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Undoubtedly, she will be back soon and hopefully refreshed and up to, if not better than her usual high standard.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Had a text today from DD,

she is due to return home tomorrow and guess what??

She has missed us :shock:

Looking forward to cathing up with everyone sometime over the weekend

LOve

Toni xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    dd back soon hope the hols went well but great to have you back val
    val
  • only49
    Options
    me too, i hope you have a really lovely time, 2 weeks and it will be my turn to go away, bet you missed this forum and your computer like mad i know i will.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm back! For those that missed me, you can breathe easy now, DD's here to guide you through all life's ups and downs. For those of you who haven't missed me - ha-ha! (Think Nelson from the Simpson's for that laugh.)

Never touched a Pimms mel, but Tribute Cornish ale - cor! I found a box of white wine very cost-efficient, but probably too dangerous a habit to have at home. We had a fabulous time, the apartment was wonderful, the sea-views breathtaking, the noise of the sea astonishing, the weather was mostly good, it was probably the best holiday I have ever had. I walked sooooo much, it took just over two thousand steps to walk into Westward Ho (strange little place, probably not worth a visit) for dinner, then, obviously the same back, plus all the bits during the day, I reckon I was pretty close to the 10,000 that is recommended. And yes, I counted every step one night (on the homeward journey and much to The Husband's irritation). I re-discovered life. Arthritis took a back seat for two weeks, and I hope to keep it there.

I really thought I would struggle without web access, but I didn't. Yes, I missed you all but I kept in touch via my faithful messenger frogmorton, who did sterling work in my absence: a heartfelt thank you from me, lovely girl. I have to admit tho, it's good to be back!

only49, thank you for noting I'd gone. I found that very touching, I still do. I hope all is well with you and our boy - is he enjoying his summer break? When are you away? I hope all is well with you. And once again, thank you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    You did tell us you were going away. Was it is an anniversary holiday DD?

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello tkachev, what a good memory you have! Yes, indeed it was, The Husband and me were officially 13 on 09.07.10, but un-officially we're 22 and a bit. I can't believe how the time has flown. DD
  • only49
    Options
    hello d d

good to see you back and so glad you had a really nice time, i,m next be going off on saturday 31st till the 14th august.

D seems ok so far he enjoyed being home and doing his own thing, he been his usual self non stop talking about thomas the tank :roll: :wink: he'll never be any different than he is, i would not want him to be.
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Hi DD, good to see you, glad you had a lovely holiday in my favourite county........well, one of them. There are only two!

I'm beginning to emerge from my cocoon, feeling much better today!

Catching up a little this afternoon while hubby tidies the gardens after the storms last week.

Annie
  • tkachev
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello tkachev, what a good memory you have! Yes, indeed it was, The Husband and me were officially 13 on 09.07.10, but un-officially we're 22 and a bit. I can't believe how the time has flown. DD

Ha !remember I started to date my present OH in July 97 too thats how I remembered. We met in the June 97 but had to wait a few weeks to make it official as his best friend was my boyfriend at that time.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oooooh! Married the First Husband in October 87, met the current one in January 88. Oooooops. Ho-hum, never mind, it all worked out OK-ish in the end. I chose the wedding date of 09.07.97 quite deliberately, (9797) so not easily forgettable!) My best mate Wendy married her current bloke, Mr B, in May of 07, and forgot her first wedding anniversary! Mr B was not that impressed. I roared with laughter! DD
  • tkachev
    Options
    You Married the first husband and caused a storm....remember that October 87 hurricane!
    DD I am exactly the same and want to marry on dates I can always remember. Its my autistic streak! Each time I say 02.02..02 that would be nice or 01.01.01 but each date passes me by and Im still not married. And I would prefer a spring/ Summer wedding to Autumn/Winter so I really have run out of dates now.
    The 9th July 97 was a Thursday ? cos Im sure I started to date OH on the 11th which I am sure was a Saturday! Time has muddled me.It might have been the Friday which was the start of the weekend!

Enlighten me DD...
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    now I went somewhere on the 4th July and that was a Friday ? That would make the 9th a Wednesday wedding and the 11th(when OH and I celebrate meeting) a Friday but he didnt get there until Saturday cos his Scooter broke down! All the days mingle into one long lovely day !
    E x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Yep, 09.07.97 was a Wednesday and very hot - well, it was in Suffolk! If you like regular dates I guess you have 11.11.11 or 12.12.12 - after that it could be 11.12.13 or, for more options, take the American way and put the month first! That would yield 12.13.14, and possibly some earlier ones too - eg 08.09.10 - but that's too soon. On the other hand, forget the date and be spontaneous, but given the situation you are in I guess that's out of the question. The date is irrelevant, however, it's the respect that counts. DD
  • tkachev
    Options
    I could wait until my 50th I suppose. That would make being 50 something to look forward to instead of dread. And the week before is 1. 3,13 so two dates to choose from. Ill have to start dropping hints.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein