long threads

Options
oneday
oneday Member Posts: 1,434
edited 11. Jul 2010, 07:28 in Community Chit-chat archive
can peeps with long threads please start new ones so ones like moi can jump in...dont want to jump onto a long one (!) as too many to read through,cheers.

Comments

• livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Please use Reply to Topicat the top or bottom of the page, NOT Reply with Quote wherever possible, as 'with Quote' means that the same comments are repeated on and on and on. This makes reading threads very difficult and is just lazy posting.

If it is necessary, then any quote(s) needed should be cut down to just the relevant text and not endlessly repeated in full.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Oh dear, Joseph :!: I hope I'm not a lazy poster :shock: :lol:

Oneday, you are welcome to join the cruise thread at any point. No-one knows where we are going anyway :roll:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    hi Oneday

I think you would be totally welcome anyway :)

Love

Toni xx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Yes never do this is OK!.

Please use Reply to Topicat the top or bottom of the page, NOT Reply with Quote wherever possible, as 'with Quote' means that the same comments are repeated on and on and on. This makes reading threads very difficult and is just lazy posting.

If it is necessary, then any quote(s) needed should be cut down to just the relevant text and not endlessly repeated in full.

Joseph

Hey Joseph where you bin hidding then??, you arn't hanging out in the bunker with Len are you??, he seems to have gone AWOL!.
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    hello all...
    i know i am welcome! on other threads but i like to start at the beginning to get the idea and then read through - some are so long i would be on here for hours longer than the hours i spend already!
    Or how about mid way summaries? when i was on the various camel threads sometimes a newcomer would ask whats it all about and someone would give a recap...sometimes when thread got long a new one started etc...........
  • livinglegend
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Hey Joseph where you bin hidding then??, you arn't hanging out in the bunker with Len are you??, he seems to have gone AWOL!.
    No not in the bunker with Len. Just a bit busy with new paintings for a possible exhibition later this year and the usual aches and pains have kept me a bit quiet.

Popped in and out occasionally but not always posted.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Just a bit busy with new paintings for a possible exhibition later this year ( quote Joseph.]

I remember your painting which was in the exhibition at Walsall art gallery last year. It was brilliant, ( a ship in the mist, and very atmospheric ) so I hope there will be more this year.

As the very proud owner of two of your paintings, I would love to see more of your work.

Joan
  • livinglegend
    Options
    When I have enough finished I will put them online and post a link to them.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    well not starting cafe again as it if for people to just pop in as and when no need to read back. same with cruise
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    and where the h*ll have you been??

had us all worried you did :wink:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Quotes are so peeps know you are talking/ replying to them specifically. Cant see whats wrong with a long thread personally.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    Options
    When I have enough finished I will put them online and post a link to them.

Joseph 8)

Thanks, Joseph, that would be lovely. :D
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Oneday,

if it's a long thread - just read the first post and then read an update near the end ... often one by the person who started the thread is useful and then just jump on in and start posting ... or like you have here - start your own threads!! :lol::lol:
    If it's a chitchat/fun thread - probably doesn't matter where you start reading from anyway!!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Hi Oneday
    i post now and then in cafe or on other long threads, i only read a couple of posts before hand, cos i dont have a lot of time and no one seams to mind me popin in, well no one tells me to hop off anyway :lol:
    dont worry just join in
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    page35 wrote:
    Hi Oneday
    no one seams to mind me popin in, well no one tells me to hop off anyway :lol:
    dont worry just join in

we want any one to feel free to pop in on any thread the more people that post the more interesting it becomes we all have different points of view thats what keeps this place alive val
    val
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    if i find some thing of interest or what ever i will join in x
    talk to anybody and everybody and some days nobody , it works for me xxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx