CB blues

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 12. Jul 2010, 14:01 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well bloody typical spent part of the day yesterday taking down me 5/8th wave dipole CB aerial as I wanted to do some repairs and also put it up another 4 feet so the signal clears the trees better, had an SWR retune while down all went well, popped into me workshop today turned it on and not a flippin sniff of skip, and to think yesterday morning I was listening to a chap on the German Swiss border like he was next door to me!, thing is me aerial is so high now it’s going to make one hell of a lightening attracter, maybe I should ground the thing out????, what do you lot think??.

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    yes do it now not good idea to have it higher than trees good luck hope you sort it before a thunder storm comes you aquipment could be ruined not to mention u
    val
  • mellman01
    Options
    Ha I laugh in the face of a few sqillion volts, don't forget I make elecrticery! oh yes your not a man till you've had a 500MW turbine under your control, thunder storm!, piffle!!!!.

Sorry been in the sun to long!, I think your right better earth the bugger or half me house might go into low Earth orbit the next storm we have!. :shock:
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh becareful , can you not get a meggaphone and raise your voice a bit [COME IN NUMER 6 ARE YOU RECEVING ME ]
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Options
    The old adage........................If it ain't broke...don't fix it......springs to mind......

Oh!!!! what a chuckle......

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    where i work got hit by lightening and took all the phones computers and printers out not to mention the crack in the all luckly it was at night so no one was hurt. boss still talks about it as if just happened been there 7 years and was before my time lol
    val
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Mel my mum and dads house has a CB ariel attached to the side of the house, just an idea.

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • mellman01
    Options
    BANG!!!!!! POP FIZZZLE SQUEALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!, SMOULDER!, long silence
    Bugger?!
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    That doesn't sound good, you okay Mel :?:

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    EARTH your TWIG MELL!!!

Earth it now!!

sure we will have storms soon :shock:

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    BANG!!!!!! POP FIZZZLE SQUEALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!, SMOULDER!, long silence
    Bugger?!
    what ever you on can I have some pleeeesss :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    Options
    by heck it's hard keeping you lot under control!, your worse than the Dutch football team at the world cup.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Mell, I'm intrigued to know, what do you talk about to that chap on the German/ Swiss border anyway :?: :?:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mellman01
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    mellman01 wrote:
    by heck it's hard keeping you lot under control!, your worse than the Dutch football team at the world cup.
    It's not me Sir! It's Toni's fault

Who the feck is Toni!!??, Oh Joan well not a lot really, quite sad we talk about kit and skip conditions and the weather!, I know for a fact itwas 37 there on Saturday, now how interesting is that!!!!????. :? .

Oh Earthed the dipole mast, found an old steel poker hammered it into the ground and wired up some 30 amp wire to the bugger, checked it with an avo all open circuit. the thing is though,my TV aerials are nearly as high and not Earthed at all, should I do them as well Len???
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Toni Is frogmorton, Mell.

Kit and skip conditions
    :?: :?: :?: What's all that about :?: :?: Do they have a lot of skips on the German/ Swiss border then :?: What a fascinating topic of conversation :!: :shock: :shock:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi len up on the very top of the side of the house on masts above the chimney bloody high,dipole is about 3 feet above them, we live in a dip so TV signal is crap.
  • mellman01
    Options
    I bloody hope so otherwise it's snap crackle pop!!!.