being a perent

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 13. Jul 2010, 05:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi

being a parent is not just about changing nappy's its much more than that, i think its about listening thinking, reassuring, and doing the best you can, personally i find the pressure from other people hard to deal with, especially when you understanding of how someone come across as interfering and knows better than you, arrgh i hate this, my idea of what a mother should be like is someone who listens don't interfere and behind you no matter what you decide even if you think they are making a mistake, respect you as an individual.

what do you think?

mums should be treasured ( the good ones that is )
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    they should respect the person they made you you teach your children right from wrong then stand back ready to catch them if they need you. but it not always easy lol
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Being a parent is the most rewarding, and often the most difficult, job in the world. I think you can only do your best for your children, and the most important thing is to give them unconditional love.

When my twins were babies, I wasted a lot of time trying to be the perfect motherX 2. Then I realised that I had set myself an impossible task, and relaxed and started to enjoy the experience.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    I tell you what Sylv

i think being a parent is the hardest thing anyone can do - ever!

I appreciate my Mum for everythiung she did for us - evn if I think some of it was wrong - i understand how many mistakes we all make as parents :(

even though we try to do out best.

I would think you are well and truly on the right track - your love shines through.

Love

Toni xx
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    Options
    good morning all,

i adgree with you all, i do find doing the right thing is the hardest thing as i can only try and understand how my son feels and i feel i would not be doing right by him if i did not support him as much as i can, and thanks for the lovely words toni i do love him so much too much sometimes, but hey i am a mum i wish my mum was like i am with my son, but then she is a different generation.

off to meeting very soon
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Good luck

Sylv

thinking of you

Love

Toni xx