Scariest film youv'e ever seen ?

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 15. Jul 2010, 06:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Alan

The Exorcist was a scary film, and lots of people seemed to believe it was true at the time.

When I was about 14 or 15, I lied about my age to get into the first Dracula film with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee. I had never seen a horror film before, and it scared the life out of me. I was terrified that Dracula was going to come and get me after dark, and I couldn't tell my parents because they would have been angry with me for lying. That film seems so tame now in comparison to modern horror films, and today's teenagers would probably just laugh at it.
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I've been to Whitby lots of times, and I had forgotten the Dracula connection.

The bunny-boiling scene in Fatal Attraction was quite scary too :!: :shock: :shock:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    I`ve never, ever been able to watch scary stuff. The first time I saw ET I was terrified.

My lads always used to shout "Don`t look Mum", and put their hands over my eyes........Come to think of it, they still do!!.....Ange.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    babycham wrote:
    Hi Alan I dont know what its called but its horrible picture a filthy operating theatre with crazy vampire like guys cutting bits of this women with rusty old scalpels and sawsB/Cham

That sounds a good one BC!!, I tend not to bother with horror films as most in the local vid shop have crap titles and covers so don't want to waste me money, I am a tight old ****!!!.
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Salems Lot. For some reason it freaks me out and I could not watch it again. Went to Salem when I was in Connecticut, it was a lovely place.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    right one scary bit but cant remember the film name!!
    its the one where man finds missing wife whos head is in a box as she is meant to be the last victim, well the last two as it turned out she was pregnant.......
    thats as clear as mud..but if someone has seen the film they will know.
  • patriciamary
    patriciamary Member Posts: 117
    Options
    oneday, its called Seven, it has Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman as the detectives. It was all about killing people with the seven deadly sins. I didnt think it was particularly scarey.
    Trisha
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    jaws and haloween the only two have watched scare my self silly so do not watch them val
    val
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    oneday, its called Seven, it has Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman as the detectives. It was all about killing people with the seven deadly sins. I didnt think it was particularly scarey.
    Trisha

well not scarey but creepy!!!
    p.s i dont watch scary ones so thats probably the best i can come up with
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Any film where someone covered in blood jumps out of a cupboard!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • loopylou
    loopylou Member Posts: 175
    Options
    i love watching horror films, most of my collection is horrors!

for our first date me and my boyfriend went to see saw 5 and for our yr anniversary we went to see saw 6, no guesses what we're gonna see on our 2 yr anniversary lol

the coolest horror i have ever seen mainly because the ending was unexpected was a recent one called drag me to hell.

one that was quite gory was house of 1000 corpses, by the end i was saying get her get her.
    Just keep plodding along singing a song