Feeling GRUMPY but can't find the Grump thread!

Options
Wonkylegs
Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
edited 14. Jul 2010, 11:56 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well Mr Grumpmeister, I hope you are sitting down .........

I am Soooooooooooooooo grumpy today I could go on and on ...... but my main grump will have to suffice.

Building work has been ongoing for a week here now. Before work started I rang the milk delivery service and explained that the milkman couldn't deliver to usual space. It would not be safe for him to get there or to leave the milk there ....... gave instructions for where to leave milk ..... and they promised to pass on the message.
I also put a huge notice in my window asking visitors to use the back door, and giving an alternative place to deliver mail, papers, leaflets etc.

Seven days on I have yet to have my milk delivered to where I asked it to be put :x :x :x

the post men and woman have blindly clambered over anything and everything in their way between pavement and letter box (do they not realise I'm trying to help them not to break a leg, or are they doing this with one eye on the amount of compensation that they could squeeze out of it :? :roll: )

The concrete and slabs have been laid today, and I do not want a permanent visual record of the size and make of the milkmans' footwear .... so I've cancelled his delivery :lol::lol: that'll teach him! Heaven help what the post person will do :roll:

what do I have to do to get noticed? camp at the end of the drive with a large inflatable hammer ready to whack some sense into them :shock: :? :roll: :x

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    well I put a bloody great sign on the door saying utility salesmen or general hawkers and no preachers, only ring the bell if your dropping off mail or parcels or need to read the meter otherwise don't and they still ring my bloody door bell, when I worked shifts I put signs up saying shift worker sleeping and again they still rang the bloody thing, you can't win wonkey really you can't.
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Del - thanks for that link, I will post my grump in the proper place in a minute :wink:

Mell - boy are you so right :wink: at least it seems like it is just general ignorance rather than a specific grudge with me eh?

at least the dog avoided leaving her lasting impression as she walked past tonight. Only have to hope that the milkman notices that I cancelled our order :roll: :lol::lol:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    what do I have to do to get noticed? camp at the end of the drive with a large inflatable hammer ready to whack some sense into them :shock: :? :roll: :x

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

That is EXACTLY what you have to do :roll:

Poor Wonky - but are the workmen nice??? :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    babycham wrote:
    Big shiney red mail box for all to see signs on gate signs on tree trunk polite handmade wooden signs compost bin placed in position to deter all but the most intrepid of callers does it work NoChance must be something so fasinating about my frontdoor XXb/cham
    :lol::lol::lol:

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    You got him Cham :D