new go compair advert

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 16. Jul 2010, 05:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi

has anyone seen that new go compare advert on tv, its just as bad as the others, this one i think is the worst.

mind you it just shoes how desperate they must be, all i got to say is i hope that horrible annoying singer is NOT a good swimmer :wink::wink::wink: and they wont make another, when i wash this i think of all the people up and down the country that must be either changing channels on there tv or throwing things at the tv, i must i love them to animated a banana skin under his foot.

watch this if you can bare too, but with the sound of so it can anoy you
:):):):)

http://www.tellyads.com/show_movie.php?filename=TA11243
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi

I reckon that's Del on his desert island :lol: ( see cruise thread )

The purpose of the ad is to annoy you so that the name sticks in your memory. Go Compare has been very successful in this respect.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Oh yes sylv

he does my head in!!!

me and hubby turn it down if we are quick enough!!!

joan you will be right - if I was in the market for changing my insurance I would remember it :roll:

Prefer the meerkats though :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Hi

I agree, always turn the remote to mute
    as I do with many other irritating adverts.

Cant be doing with them. Aarrgghhhh

Kath
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - I love these adverts!

Nx
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    Options
    hi just thought of an advert i cant stand that money supermarket one, the one where he trashes the ladys home,

i tell him to push off if he came to my home and happly slam the door in his face arrrrgh

i dont mind the meerkats i quite like them
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    The BOGOF Ad!!!!

An ugly badly dressed man in need of an haircut screaming at me repeatedly about double glazing.. I could quite happily hit him around the back of the head with an housebrick in a sock!

Yes, I quite agree on that one, I do not condone violence s020.gif but, in that case, I would make an exception. I said you buy one, you get one free..................... s010.gif
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Bubbles!!!!

how could you!! :lol::lol::lol:

Love

Toni xx
  • loopylou
    loopylou Member Posts: 175
    Options
    i agree with everyone

i hate the go compare ads i always have. the remote is usually sat by me just so i can quickly mute it. both mine and my boyfriends parents hate the ads and also mute it.

the BOGOF deals one yep could definately hit that bloke in the face.

the omid djalali one again agree the door needs slaming in his face.

my fav ad at the moment is the specsavers hearing centre one with the granny driving with her music blaring.

that and the milky way one it takes me back to my childhood i even remembered the song when it was played for the first time since then
    'the red car and the blue had a race, all red wants to do is stuff his face, he eats everything he sees from trucks to prickly trees, but good ole blue he took the milky way'

sad i know but i used to sing along as a child and just wanted to see if i still remembered them :D
    Just keep plodding along singing a song
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Ha ha Loopylou
    i thought i was the only saddo that remember the words to that add, we must be about the same age then, im 34 and well we are both a bit sad :lol::lol:
  • loopylou
    Options
    i'm 27 was quite young when the ad was out but i just loved it so much i learnt the words. me and my housemate were having a discussion about ads from when we were younger and got onto singing the trio song
    'triiiio, tri i i i o, i want a trio and i want one now'
    lol in the end my housemate said you know what i really do want a trio now, she started to describe them and we both started to almost taste one! it was weird

i say we're not sad we just have good memories! :D
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Hi LOU
    Was the trio one that then went "caburys make them then they cover them in chocolate" ???

i really am sad :lol:
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Ti-o

tri-i-i-i-o

I wanna trio and I want one NOW!!
  • loopylou
    Options
    lol i know what you mean toni, i REALLY want one now. so much so I'm actually looking online seeing if they are available anywhere!