what's in a word.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 15. Jul 2010, 11:04 in Community Chit-chat archive
Right this is not a judgment but a simple observation, sadly 3 of our boys in Afghanistan were killed by an Afghan soldier with an RPG he then promtly buggered off afterwards which sound a logical thing to do,I mean he's not just going to hang around to be hanged now is he.
Anyway back to my concerns, why do the Army higher ups keep refering to this chap as a "rogue Afghan soldier" when the words I would use are apprentice Taliban, I mean rogue sounds like he's malfunctioned and needs putting down or unplugging to me!, hey you don't think he is a cyborg/terminator soldier do you!!??.

Comments

• mellman01
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    With you on this one Len, I think one of the other big mistakes our military and political lot alway's get wrong is thinking of the place as a country, it's a tribal area or zone, it's so fragmented that what goes in one valley is totally diferent to what has and isgoing on in the next and so on, it's alway's been lawless there and will alway's be lawless as far as I can see, trying to impose Jefferson style democracy on those tribes who live there makes about as much sense as enforcing a bedouin tribal system on us here in the UK, the result would be total anharcy I would imagine.
    If those who are in charge here don't start to understand the very important rule that if we don't learn from history we will alway's repeat the same mistake then things won't get any better,in fact the next inasion could be a lot more costly for us all.
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    agree with you both chaps.
    i have thought from day one how can army suss out baddie afghans joining up etc etc.
    of course you guys have common sense.
    history, no one learns!
    get to the root....as usual its money........someone is making a nice pot out of it.......arms sales, rebuilding, all corrupt!!!
  • mellman01
    Options
    Well I could sort it out but it would be a bit messy and dare I say a tad radioactive for a while after!!, we should worry about problems at home rather than try to police people who don't really want us there in the first place