If you watch Waterloo Rd - some true info

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 16. Jul 2010, 13:31 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Alan

I think they chose that school because it was closing, so it gave them an empty building to film in. Am I right? Maybe they are regretting it now though. I suppose they wanted somewhere realistic.

Sometimes film crews can be a nuisance in areas where thay do a lot of filming. My daughter used to get really fed up when they were constantly filming ''Last of the Summer Wine'' where she lives. They would often close roads, and cause traffic chaos. I was once an extra in the series though, so it had its good points :D

My school days were very happy, in an all-girls school where we had some inspirational teachers who gave me the foundations of my education. I am eternally grateful, and I think I was very lucky.
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Yes, I watch it. It's turned into more of a drama-soap these days.

They did film more on the estate in the early days didn't they. You've never been an extra on it then?! Like Joan in Last of the Summer Wine? I have to say I only like the theme tune of Last of the Summer Wine, the actual programme drives me nuts.

My school days - enjoyed first and middle school more than secondary. The quality of the teachers affected how much you enjoyed and/or learnt in different subjects. Went on the be a teacher myself, so can't have been too bad!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    My kids love this programme.

I will tell them - they will be really interested.

Love

Toni xx
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    I watch it Alan

I find it interesting as my daughter has
    taught in schools like this, and certainly
    has some tales to tell.

Not bad storylines actually and
    there are lots of areas like that