grabbers

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 15. Jul 2010, 14:25 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi

i recived my grabers today that i sent for, one i can use in the garden and in the house and also a rotating one, i tried them out all ready and there great, saves me bending and as i am 5' 2' and always had a bit of a hieght problem ie everything being longer, clothes shelfs all made for taller people.

i am thinking how much this will make life easier, but also aware of how i felt when i first got my mobility scooter 2 years ago, but i must not think like that, and allright i hurt and creak etc i am as young as i feel and that is veriable :lol::lol::lol:
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Mobility scooter and grabbers, you could have some fun with those two!.
  • only49
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Mobility scooter and grabbers, you could have some fun with those two!.
    never thought of that, mellman, if people wont get out of my way, there get a pinch, something abit like that bloke used to do on the telly, jeramy somone, i got a great mental image of me doing just that on my scooter now.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I find my grabber very useful as I am also 5. 2 Sylvia and find bending painful. I used it today to pick up loads of stuff off the floor before hoovering. Only problem is the children think it is a toy and keep leaving it where I cant find it.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • only49
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    I find my grabber very useful as I am also 5. 2 Sylvia and find bending painful. I used it today to pick up loads of stuff off the floor before hoovering. Only problem is the children think it is a toy and keep leaving it where I cant find it.

Elizabeth
    not handy that, mind you got a lot of uses no doubt and i find out a fair few, it helped me with a tricky situation today drop something behing computer desk and with all the cables i could not get it so i got my grabber, yeah so easy.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I didnt find out they were magnetic for ages! Then I accidently got to pick something up and what a surprise!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Ive used mine to reach eggs out the pen in the hard to reach areas.
    very handy things grabbers enjoy yours from joanne
    Joanne
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    got a grabber great for getting stuff out of cupboard jars tins what ever all the family use it now even got used to put xmas decs up lol
    val
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    I have had grabbers for ages. I use it for so many things. Being I'm in the wheelchair it makes life thaqt bit easier.

It has given me a little indepence back again. I don't have to ask people to pick this up or that up.

Tris xxx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    See think outside the box!, also if you get pulled up by the Police act a bit silly and mumble about to reaction to medication and your bound to get let off!.

I have used grabbers but only in the radio active industry, a bit low tech but save you getting your spuds irradiated to hell!. but hey Homer Simpson is my middle name!.