GP results

Options
nanasue
nanasue Member Posts: 465
edited 15. Jul 2010, 12:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
Thanks to everyone for messages of support, they made me feel a lot better. My GP has said that if I change to another rheumatlogist I will have to travel to London and it might be just as bad or worse. So she has suggested that when I go for my next appointment I can request that I don't want to see him but one of the others, who I previously said are very nice. I didn't know I was allowed to do that, but she said I can, so I think that's what I'll do. As regards to waiting till next April, she told me to phone them if I need to see someone before then, but if I don't have any luck she will phone them for me.So I feel a bit better now knowing that. I am now on 17.5 mg of mtx and diclofenac 75mg twice a day and co-dydramol when I need them, I was on tramadol but can't take them with my anti-depressants. I was also taking sulfasalazine but when I had very bad gastroenteritis last year I had to stop taking them cos I couldn't physically swallow them any more. I have tried leflunomide but they didn't agree with me and also gave me constipation. As I'm still having problems after 5 years I don't know why they don't try something else. Perhaps if I see someone else I make get somewhere.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,474
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi nanasue

I am glad to see you looking so much happier :)

Your Gp sounds lovely - wish he or she was mine :roll: what he/she has said makes a lot of sense doesnt it and sounds like a plan.

I agree about the april date it is ridiculous isn't it? So long as she will chase it if you have no luck it does soiund a reasonable plan I think.

Love

Toni xx