DLA Refusal

Options
anglerman
anglerman Member Posts: 42
edited 17. Jul 2010, 13:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All
Just got my refusal letter to-day,it looks like a standard letter that someone as signed and it goes out to everyone.
it looks as if they have only scanned over the form I sent.
Because it says I can use the oven but ignores the fact that in the form i stated I cannot squat down and lift anything safely from the oven and get back up again
What the hell they up to :!: :!: :(

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    from what i read they turn every one down so fight it val
    val
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    valval wrote:
    from what i read they turn every one down so fight it val
    As val say fight, i'd say put in to appeal as soon as possible. can you get help from CAB or welfare as they can help. Remember they have a long wait to see CAB so the sooner the better to make an appointment.
    Good luck debs
  • anglerman
    Options
    It was CAB that helped me fill out the form,But I am going to phone them tomoz and ask for help with appeal
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Good luck - it seems appealing is now part of the process ...

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    I think this is the way it is heading. Lots of people are being turned down.

I would appeal against it see what happens, that is all you can do.

Have you any hospital doctors that will write on your behalf? What about your GP as well?

Trish xx
  • wendylou
    wendylou Member Posts: 88
    Options
    anglerman wrote:
    Hi All
    Just got my refusal letter to-day,it looks like a standard letter that someone as signed and it goes out to everyone.
    it looks as if they have only scanned over the form I sent.
    Because it says I can use the oven but ignores the fact that in the form i stated I can squat down and lift anything safely from the oven and get back up again
    What the hell they up to :!: :!: :(
    Hi snap i got the same letter i think they definitely don't read the forms :roll: how i know the letter i got said i could walk 50 mts which is a lie because my benifit officer put nil mts so thats how i know thats a lye so i went to my GP and he gave me a brilliant letter off support, even he said they have thse letters ready to send out, so my benifit officer has put in for a review with the G Ps letter and i got a reply yesterday saying its going to take 11 weeks to review :x it, so if it takes that long to review it why are they so quick sending out the first refusal letter it shows you that they don't read the forms properly so i will see how i go on, so thats what you want to do get your G P to help you also the C A B fight the Bs and let us know how you get on. Good luck. Wendylou. :wink:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,477
    Options
    Hi Anglerman

This so sounds like the letter loads are getting now...you should appeal.

I knew a lady who managed everything herslf in agony and with extreme difficulty - she was refused first go and when she filled the forms in when she was allowed to reaply (she didnt appeal) she 'told it as it was' and got higher rate.

Dont give up

Love

Toni xx
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Sorry to hear your news however as you will be well aware from other people's posts - appeal, appeal, appeal!!

I am awaiting to hear DLA decision myself so everything is crossed for us all!

Carol
  • handsy
    handsy Member Posts: 209
    Options
    Appeal this happened to me and I appealed and won also get your local wellfare rights people on the case. Your local library will help with their address. I am at the moment filling out forms for bloody ESA. It gets me so mad that benifits we are intitelled to, we have to fight to get them.

Best of luck for your Appeal.
  • anglerman
    Options
    I have an appointment wit CAB to launch the appeal.
    I also went the doctor and told her i was frustrated with the things going in my hips/back/legs etc that I needed to see someone because its a year on and she keeps referring to the MRI/x-ray wich says early stages but like i said 1 yeay on the symptoms and discomfort are now 10 fold to then.
    So I have an appointment with orthapedic general primary hip+knee replacement,not sure the GP knew were to send me but hey this is astart :D:D
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I'm so sorry, sometimes these things seem so hard with all the jumping through hoops you have to do, they should make it an olympic sport!!! I hope you appeal and get the result changed. I read the statistics the other day and its amazing how many people are given an award on appeal, especially if they have help from something like the CAB.

Love Sue
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,477
    Options
    Hi anglerman

Glad about your referral.

You are at least taken serioulsy by the doc.

Good luck

Toni xx
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    Options
    Hi - you need to apeal which I think you are going to do?? my form was filled in by CAB, and i was turned down as they said I didnt need aids!! but I have aids to help me in the kitchen, so i wrote a statement about this and won the low rate!!

fight them!!!!

Louise
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • lorica
    lorica Member Posts: 187
    Options
    I was told the same, they always refuse first application... I have been rejected twice so far on the basis that im not disabled enough!! I saw an advisor at my local housing association who's job is appeals for DLA amongst other things. Now just waiting for the paperwork.... :!:

I mentioned it to my Rhummy doc and he said i had to put his name on the form for additional reports, and he would tell them.... :!:

Good luck with appeal

Mark
  • mike77
    mike77 Member Posts: 879
    Options
    Hi , i WAS TURNED DOWN MANY TIMES APPEALED still turned down , took it to the high comissioner if he had of found that the dla were wrong then I could put in a fresh cliam , result/ turned down for the mobliity part but got low care. so I was ready to give up told my gp to take me of meds as the dla said I was ok , she was mad and told me to put her name down as she would put them in the picture .

I did and got word the other day I had got / high rate mobility and middle care .

So dont give up fight like mad for what is rightly yours it pays of in the end . :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

GOOD LUCK :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
    Mike R & hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR