Oil leak and responsibility.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 18. Jul 2010, 09:25 in Community Chit-chat archive
Isn’t it funny when the shoe is on the other foot things change dramatically, I’m talking about the oil leak in the gulf, the US are rightly well cheesed off about the damage this massive leak has caused but they really should think before they start shouting and pointing fingers, they conveniently forget the things they have done in the name of free market capitalism deomcracy etc, all that needs to be done is the next time Obama starts kicking off about legal responsibility someone should jump up and shout “what about Bopal!!”, that should do it!.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    What they forget to say is...apparently half the work force are Americans so maybe one of them was responsible for the leak in the first place
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Whatever it is it's always us who foots the bill..... :roll:
  • mellman01
    Options
    The US doesn't like to lose even when it's 100% in the wrong, and they have done a lot of damage around the world which they never paid to put right so should stop and think before they open their mouths and maybe it would be good if they paid to repair the damage they did to Laos Cambodia and Vietnam, not to mention the inhabitants of Bikini atoll and the other south pacific islanders they irradiated in the name of their warped version of "world peace".

Sorry me spleen burst!
  • mellman01
    Options
    Funny that I was watching Russia today news and there is a big delagation going to the US to try and get comensation for all the disabled kids, even now it's effecting a seconed generation of children over there and the US refuses to help, funny that.
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Not forgetting of course that over half of BP shareholders are American. Obama was quick to criticise but then realised this so did a little backtracking instead.

Janie