Silly Accident

Options
jaspercat
jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
edited 20. Jul 2010, 03:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, I have managed to hurt myself again, I always do something silly, I managed to get my toes trapped in my riser/recliner chair, I had to get the paramedics to help me, and then ended up in casualty, luckily I have just soft tissue injury and no fractures, it is not doing my RA much good though, I am just about hobbling.

To make matters worse, it was pouring with rain and very cold, I had my shorts on, so got soaked love Jaspercatxx

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,477
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh jaspercat!!!!!!!!!

i am NOT laughing at that one :(

That sounded really really frightening :shock:

Lucky you had a phone nearby.

So glad you are not seriously injured.

Will you be careful now? Was it an easy injury to do?

Love

Toni xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Jaspercat,

Oh that's sounds painful! I hope your sat with your feet up now and fingers crossed it doesn't happen again. Love and a ((( ))) Cris xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Oh Jaspercat - how did that happen???

How can you avoid that happening again?

Sounds painful.

If toes are bruised - arnica cream can be soothing. Hope they feel less sore soon.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Jasper
    I am so sorry, I hope its not to painful, I thought it was only me that was accident prone....my last trip to hossy was with my finger stuck in a bottle :shock: :) dont ask :)
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    must admit did wonder how you managed that one so glad nothing broken and you will have to be very carefull val
    val
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Oh Jasper What you like :shock: :lol:
    sorry i shouldnt laugh. I hope your ok though & can recover quickily.
    we really dont need these injurys to add to the suffering of Arthur.
    hugs debs
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,951
    Options
    Hi Jasper
    What were you trying to do.
    you wont try that again will you
    take care. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • jaspercat
    Options
    Hi, thanks for your replies. it was all my own feet, I sat down and put my left leg under the right, I forgot and started to put the leg rest up, so I have to not do that anymore, they thought that they needed to cut my foot out, so I thought "oh great firemen!!! I was quite disappointed that they didnt come after all, I am looking on the funny side, I am so accident prone love Jaspercatxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,477
    Options
    Hi Jasper

Glad you can look on the funny side

sounded really scary to me :shock: :shock:

so long as you are ok eh? :wink:

Love

toni xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi jasper,

I'm still trying to work out how you managed to get your toes trapped :roll: in your chair! that's one for the paramedics to talk about :wink:

hope you are not too sore today.. and please avoid any more '(wo)man- eating' chairs or accidents. :roll:

love n hugs,

Iris x
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Hope you are having a better day today Jaspercat?

Carol
  • jaspercat
    Options
    Hi, luckily I have had a very quiet day, no silly accidents, I have been to see the gp about something, he said to be more csreful in the future, hope everyone is well love Jaspercatxx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Jaspercat

Who called the Paramedics? I bet that one rates in their top ten of emergency calls.

We have not laughed though. But how did you do it??

I hope you are getting better evey day.

Trish xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh jaspercat, you narnar, what a daft thing to happen. I bet if you tried you couldn't do it, it's always the way with these 'silly' accidents. I remember a bit on QI where Mr Fry was reading thro some of the daft home accidents that happen, people being hurt by banisters and toasters and teacosies. Banisters are found in the region of stairs, so that's fairly obvious, toasters? - well people do stick forks and stuff in them to retreive things, stupid or what, but teacosies? How the heck can one be hurt by a teacosy? Upsetting the pot underneath I suppose, scalding yourself with hot tea but that's hardly the fault of the cosy! I bet you sit down very gingerly now. I hope you are fully recovered and that things are not too sore. (I am ashamed to admit that, unlike trisher (who is a nicer human being than me) I did laugh. Schadenfreude, I believe the Chermans call it, but I will not lie to you, I giggled. I humbly apologise.) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben