OUCH

Options
anglerman
anglerman Member Posts: 42
edited 17. Jul 2010, 12:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all
anyone else with osteo arthur in both hips get terrible muscle cramps in their calves,Reason I ask i have never had cramp before but now I seem to get them too regular but when I do the calve muscle hurts for hours sometimes days .
The calves and thigh muscles now cause me discomfort when walking
I get tingling in both big toes and strange feelings in my left heel/ankle.
My back at the bottom seems to give me discomfort I am getting headaches and terrible nightsweats and a feeling feverish at times during the day.
Whats going on HELP
:x :x :x :x

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi,

I used to get this in the night time and it used to wake me and keep me awake. I think my leg used to be tense from the hip pain and go into extension in the night. I used to put a cushion under the covers at the bottom of the bed to try and stop me pointing my toes so much and take higher pain meds in the hope that it would not wake me up ...

There have been other posts on this in recent months - you could do a search.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Yes I get this and its been getting worse so I think my hip and ankle are deteriorating- well I know they are as they wont get better will they...that would be nice!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tanith
    tanith Member Posts: 175
    Options
    Yes I used to get it before my hip surgery and its starting in the other one which is deteriorating.. its worst if I have to sit still as on a plane or in a car... mine wasn't really like cramp but an aching deep in the muscle that was just excruciating and could be alleviated by moving the leg, but it came back as soon as I was still again...
    I never found anything that actually helped with it... but it disappeared when I had my hip-replacement.
    Our worst times are always our best lessons.