rough few days

Options
kay1971
kay1971 Member Posts: 27
edited 18. Jul 2010, 09:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone, I havnt posted on here much as i havnt needed to, but this week i am desperate for some advice. i have oa in both knees, i am only 39 but feel like 79 today. A few days ago i started experiencing bad pain in my back ( around the area of kidneys) it has got worse over the last few days and this morning couldnt walk at all. my partner took me to the walk in centre and after a few tests the doc said it looks like oa but not in spine or hips. He was hard to understand so i didnt ask anything else. He gave me tramodol to take.

Where can the arthur be if its not spine or hip? also does arthur deteriorate so quickly ( have only had symptoms since last september) I am scared that its going to get so bad that i cant work soon and i cant afford that. I dont get much help at home cos my partner is in the army and in israel for a few months. I have a 3yr old daughter who has bags of energy and i just cant keep up.
what can i do to keep mobile? any advice gratefully received :)

Kay

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi i got pain where pelvise meets back the pain was awfull hot inflamed could not sit or stand was better up right or layed down not sure if this where you got it go to see your own gp you need to know what and where???????? good luck you might need more than pain meds which are what he has given you
    val
  • tanith
    tanith Member Posts: 175
    Options
    Just wanted to say that I had bad pain like this , it was kidney area but went through to the front as well.. it would come and go and my GP could never give me a reason for it although I went to him several times.. eventually I had surgery for spinal stenosis , damage to my spine from O/A was pressing on the Sciatic nerve , but when I was recovered from the surgery I realised that the pain in my kidney area was gone ... my GP concluded that it must of also been something pressing on a nerve and was fixed as a side issue to the spinal surgery... see your own GP and ask for it to be investigated..
    Our worst times are always our best lessons.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Kay,

I am really sorry to see your struggling just now. Did the gp say anything about sciatica? Its possible something is pushuig on a nerve and I wonder if they should investigate further?

I think at the very least your gp needs to explain this to you better. Maybe you could book a double appointment and talk it through with them? Possible a change in your tablets might help?

Sorry I am not much help here but I do think you need to see the gp and talk over what hey meant and more importantly what they can do to help you! I really hope you soon feel a lot better in your self and sending a ((( ))) and a on of hopes you are in less pain tomorrow. Cris x
  • kay1971
    kay1971 Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks everyone,

I have an appointment with my own gp on wednesday so i hope i will get some answers then. hopefully i can manage until then, the pain doesnt seem as ccrippling this morning so i might be ok for now. Thanks for the advice everyone, dont know what i would do without this site. xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,477
    Options
    Hi Kay

I hope your own GP can explain this better to you.

i am sorry you are suffereing and hope it isn't anything too serious.

We are like a machine though - if one part of the engine fails - it can affect another part. so could well all be connected
    Love

Toni xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Kay.
    glad that the pain isn't as bad today....and hope that it improves with each hour.

It's wise to see the doc on Wednesday even if the pain has gone by then as he knows you best and can better judge what might be / have been causing it. There are so many conditions other than arther that can cause severe pain...so best get it thoroughly checked out.

Hope you have some family help just now with your partner away and your lively 3yr old jumping about.!

love

Iris x