what next

Options
queenfan
queenfan Member Posts: 563
edited 20. Jul 2010, 16:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
I don't know, I seem be getting everything lately,
If it isn't one thing it's another, For the last couple of days I have been really sore with this boil in the groin of my leg :oops:
It is so painful, nothing seems to help,I don't want to go to the doctors
about it, My hubby went to the chemist to see what they recommended,
I've got this drawing cream which I have to cover with gauze so giving that a go. I seem to be suffering a lot of pain all over this last couple of days, I don't know, sorry guys just lying here having a moan :roll:
I hope everyone is sleeping well.
SWEET DREAMS
Sue x

Comments

• bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    oh Sue i hope you have had some sleep and the cream works , but if it dosent go to your doc as you dont want it to get worse i am sure , xxxxxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    Hi Sue, so sorry to hear how poorly you're feeling at the mo. Please be careful with your boil as you may need some antibiotics to stop any infection from spreading. Hope you feel better soon, love and hugs (((((())))) Brenda xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,477
    Options
    Hi Sue

I have that drawing cream here. Can be good - use it on splinters and the like with the kids....

If it's not a good bit better by Mon I think I would get to the docs....

You might need some anti biotics???

Love

toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    There's no argument about this queenfan: doctors and pronto. I had a boil in a very nasty place (public forum, will not disclose) and had to have anti-biotics as on meth etc etc etc. I hope you feel better soon, they are nasty and painful things, but you do need to be seen by a doc. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Sue,

this sounds very nasty...I agree with DD that you really need to see a doc in case it's an abscess and not a boil. :? (not wishing that on you but you need to be careful)

if it's still as painful today maybe consider going to A&E to be seen?

love n soothing hugs

Iris x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I agree you need medical treatment, any infection can like that can make you very ill. You might need a course of antibiotics. I don't mean to frighten you but, sometimes their is only one answer. Even if it does pop in the night, its still a good idea to let your doctor or practice nurse check it out.

Hope you feel better soon, its a nasty place to have something like that as it must rub and be very sore.
    Lots of love Sue xx
  • queenfan
    Options
    Thanks everyone put a fresh lot on today, well got to be honest hubby did because I could not reach, :oops: :oops:
    it's a right mess, & so painful,
    I don't really want to go to the doctors, but the way things are going I know thats where I will end up, You are all right, It's just the thought of going I hate going with something like this, I hope it clears up tomorrow
    fingers crossed,
    love & best wishes to you all.
    take care Sue xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello, how are things today? I hope there has been some improvement, but if not, go to the doctor. If your immune system is compromised by arthritis meds it won't heal on its own, you will need some intervention otherwise it could all get considerably worse! Put your sensible head on today, see the doc and see what he says. Don't forget: there's nothing on you that he hasn't seen before - a body is a body is a body. I am concerned that you could end up far more ill than you need to be. Take care and let us know how you get on. DD
  • clairc
    clairc Member Posts: 90
    Options
    Would you consider going to see the practice nurse? They can deal with things like boils and some can even prescribe antibiotics or pass you on to the doctor if they think it's more serious. I can sympathise as I have had boils in private places and they can be so painful. It's best to get it sorted out as these things can get worse if they are left too long.

I hope you're feeling better soon!

Clair
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Hello!

How are you doing today?

My advice always is since our systems are a bit weirded out we should always have anything that happens investigated so it doesn't become worse.

So get a doc or nurse at your GP to have a peek.

Carol
  • dorcas
    Options
    Hi Sue

How are you today????

have you seen the doc yet...I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you that you've seen someone...

Iris xxx
  • queenfan
    Options
    My Daughter had an appointment at doctors today at the asthma clinic
    So instead of waiting another day, I thought I would just pop in on the off chance I might be able to get this biol checked either by doctor or the nurse,I went to the desk & asked politely if any one was free,
    Well I wish I hadn't bothered, :roll: She was so miserable said it's appointments only in the afternoon, if you need to see a doctor you have to queue up like ever body else, I then said politely, I know I just thought I would ask in case there was any cancellations,
    she then said this is not a walk in centre.
    I just said sorry to have bothered you, So thats what I will be doing in the morning queueing up, Nasty woman :roll:
    I have not long had a shower & my boil is bleeding :oops:
    My hubby says it needs squeezing :shock: but it is too painful at the moment, if it was a spot I wouldn't have no problem, roll on tomorrow thats all I can say. I just hope misery guts isn't on the desk :roll:
    Sue x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    OH Sue I am sorry that you were treated like that, when it had taken a lot of courage to ask, I bet.

I do hope that tomorrow you get to see someone - don't be afraid to use the line 'I am concerned about the consequences if I leave this too long because of the medication I take' if there is a problem, and if you are still without an appointment, then I suggest you ask them where the nearest walk-in or emergency clinic is ....... that may show them that you really do mean to be seen and they may find a cancellation for you after all.

we have to be cunning sometimes :wink:
    good luck
    WOnky
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Good luck for to day queenfan. I wish you well and please let us know how you get on. DD
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Hi

I've just read about yr distressing problem. If you get no joy at docs, then go to A&E, it needs lancing & dressing. Don't leave it any longer or it may become infected. That's another ball game altogether!

Good luck
    Janie
  • queenfan
    Options
    Well went to the doctors this morning,& saw my doctor, she say it looked nasty,I explained that I didn't want to bother her, & that I had been up yesterday to see the nurse but was not seen,
    she had a look at it & said I had done well to keep it clean, & to carry on using the cream to draw it all out, she also gave me some antibiotics
    so I'm all sorted just have to carry on doing what I'm doing.
    And if I have any more trouble to go straight to the nurse
    thank you all for your kind words of support
    Sue xx
  • dorcas
    Options
    Oh Sue!

I'm so glad to hear that you saw the doc. :wink::D

fingers crossed it begins to ease up...but if not get on the phone quick!

(((hugs)))

Iris x