What does it mean?

Options
joon51
joon51 Member Posts: 221
edited 18. Jul 2010, 10:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi every-one thanks for the warm welcome it's great to be able to talk to people who understand what you are going through.

I have recently been diagnosed with undifferentiated inflammatory arthritis and rheumatoid factor borderline postive, my ana results were borderline positive as well, I am on mtx and pred, I just don't feel like the same person, I am always tired, and feel weak is this all part of it, I sometimes wonder if it's all in my head.
Sorry to go on June.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi June
    And welcome again...sorry I cant help with your question, but I am sure someone will be along soon....mind you it is usually quite on sundays.
    Love
    Barbaraxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Hi June and welcome.

Yep, I think the majority of us here can identify in your words.

By its very nature, Arthritis brings fatigue along for a ride and put that together with the medications and the mind bender of our lives being a bit different to what we are used to it is no wonder that we do not feel like 'ourselves'.

I personally have found that using my mind and a positive mindset helps me greatly - having said that I definately do have some down days. I think we need the down days and a good cry sometimes to let all the frustrations out.

I am on 20mg of Methotrexate weekly along with lots of other stuff, and for the 2 days following taking it I am absolutely knackered and keep falling asleep. So, it sounds like the same thing you go through?

Keep smiling and keep posting here as you can give and receive handy tips!
    Carol :lol:
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi June....nice to meet you. :D

as Carol has said..tiredness and fatigue go hand in hand with the inflammatory arthers....your body is being asked to cope with a lot and although arther can't be 'seen' it nevertheless takes it's tole on the body's reserves.

It is NOT all in your head!!!!

Mtx is a useful drug but it does take a bit of getting used to...so be kind to yourself until you begin to feel a bit better. :wink:

here's a link to the publications section on inflammatory arthritis that might be helpful for you to look at.

http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/Search/search_results_page_view?SearchableText=inflammatory+arthritis

Iris x
  • joon51
    joon51 Member Posts: 221
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, at the moment I am on 15mg of mtx a week along with all the other pills, Rheumy nurse should be ringing me within the next 2 weeks to see how I am coping.

So glad I found this place, was begining to think I was the only one, it's good to be in touch with people who know what you are going through visa/versa. Junex.