any ideas

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 20. Jul 2010, 11:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
hello

where do you use your laptop, do you use it sitting up on the bed with you feet up, do you have it on a tray, any ideas, i have a tray thats got like a little table, but trouble is not much room for my legs, ok if if i sit still but if i get a sore bottom i have to keep changing my position have any you come across this problem, how did you solve it.
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    only49 wrote:
    hello

where do you use your laptop, do you use it sitting up on the bed with you feet up, do you have it on a tray, any ideas, i have a tray thats got like a little table, but trouble is not much room for my legs, ok if if i sit still but if i get a sore bottom i have to keep changing my position have any you come across this problem, how did you solve it.

Hi, I use it with my feet up, and rest the laptop on the chair arm, but I do have to change my position every now and again, my knees get very painful and stiff love Jaspercatxx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    HI, I don't use a lap top, my husband uses ours, I use an ordinary PC. I just can't get on with lap-tops. I think thats just me though, as I used to work on a PC and the keys seem so different!!!

I do use it if my PC isn't working and I want to do something! :oops: :lol:

Love Sue
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    My laptop sits on my office desk. I do use it with a lap tray sometimes, but my legs get very uncomfortable, so in the office it stays. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Yes, our laptop is on the table, but my main problem is the spacing and position of the keys, its hard to explain, I think its to do with once being a secretary and doing lots of typing. I expect if that was all I had, I'd get used to it in the end!!!

I learnt to type on a manual type-writter, and found switching to electric just as difficult at first! I'm getting old..... :oops: :shock:

love Sue
  • only49
    Options
    good morning

i been thinking of a way to try and solve my problem that i posted here, No wonder my brain has good days and bad days :lol: i thought i post it here anyway because it might help someone.

tried conecting my laptop to the tv with the cable you conect your monitor to your hard drive, but the picture was too small, so now i got the laptop at the bottom of my bed and i got a wireless keyboard and mouse with me, i got the keyboard on my lap and the mouseon the bed next to me, so i can move around if i get uncomfortable, and it dont put any weight on my knees, which made my knees hurt.

i'm glad i solved my problem and maybe this idea might help someone else.

sylvia :):):):)
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    I use my laptop.

I have a Homer Simpson tray lap and put it on that on my lap with my legs up. You know the tray? The one with a little bean bag underneath.

I used to put the laptop of my coffee table however that meant leaning my swollen elbows on my swollen knees and making everything worse!

Carol
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Sylvia :D

I have a diddly wee netbook that is very light and when on my lap it doesn't put pressure on my arther knees.

Although the screen is a bit small..I've gotten used to that.
    The advantage of using a netbook is that the keyboard is ergonomic and only requires a light touch.... I can reach most of the keys with the one hand and manage to type with just one or two fingers.

Iris xx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi

I have a bed table. I have a netbok I use at night which sits on the bed table. When I get into bed hubby puts the bed table over the top of the bed. The wheels slide underneath the bed.

If I wake during the night I can pull it nearer to me and use it if I want to.
    If I start to go to sleep I just push the table away.

It is perfect, for me

Trish xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,477
    Options
    I usually use the deck top.

Struggle with the lat topnever REALLY get comfotrable to be honest.

Those netbooks look good - One day i may treat myself.

Sylvia I like your idea - if it works why not? and Trisher Yours sounds perfect for you too :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • only49
    Options
    hi toni

i going to have to get my thinking cap back on as yes it working having the laptop at the end of the bed, and wireless keyboard on my lap but i finding its harder as the screen is further away and is bothering my eyes a bit, i found out how to adjust the display to make it bigger, but i think i still going to have to explore other ideas
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi

I put a pillow on my lap; cushion behind my back and a cushion under my feet! I have to be upright - no slouching as it kills me. I also sit near the arm of the sofa.

Sharmaine
    X
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,477
    Options
    sharmaine wrote:
    Hi

I put a pillow on my lap; cushion behind my back and a cushion under my feet! I have to be upright - no slouching as it kills me. I also sit near the arm of the sofa.

Sharmaine

Try this Sylv

It's bit like what I do when I do use ours....

the lap top is hot on yor lags isnt it?

Toni xx
  • only49
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    sharmaine wrote:
    Hi

Sharmaine

Try this Sylv

It's bit like what I do when I do use ours....

the lap top is hot on yor lags isnt it?

Toni xx
    mine is just too much on top my legs, i got a bed tray that gets it off my legs but not much room underneath it, a laptop cushioned tray is ok for if you feet down, but puts more weight on my legs, cant sem to get a happy medium at the mo, best it with keyboard on my lap as its a very lightwieght one.
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    hi i use a foldable table that slides under the front of my armchair an still leaves me space to elevate my legs slides out easy if need to move , these tables can be fount in the bumff that comes in certain tv mags or on the web site if you want details to look dont think i am allowed to put to many details :(
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • only49
    Options
    bertyboy wrote:
    hi i use a foldable table that slides under the front of my armchair an still leaves me space to elevate my legs slides out easy if need to move , these tables can be fount in the bumff that comes in certain tv mags or on the web site if you want details to look dont think i am allowed to put to many details :(
    thanks bertyboy i know the ones you mean i seen them advertised its got to be alot cheeper than buying another laptop.