Naughty Girl!

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 20. Jul 2010, 12:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
It has just occurred to me that yesterday I faILED TO TAKE any meds at all, apart from the weekly alendronic acid. Oh dear. Never mind, there must be so much sloshing around my system, it won't do any harm. Bothered? Face, bothered? DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi DD hay ho i think most have done the same at times ,hope you dont miss it xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Ooh dear! I've done that a few times and I've taken my evening meds in the morning and vice versa. The best thing I did was take a sleeping pill at 8 am before work! :oops: :oops:
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I'd think that just one day missed would'nt cause any major problems for you. I did a really stupid thing and took 2 tramadol once :oops: . I only realised when I started to feel really strange and lightheaded. Then I thought back over the morning and checked the tablets, I'd taken 1 early in the morning before usual as I was in a bit of pain, and then another when I usually take my tablets. I was worried, and feeling odd, so I rang the doctor, and he told me I'd be fine as long as I didn't try to drive or do anything much! Just rest and enjoy the feelings, he said, and don't do it again, with a laugh, 'you'r not going to die this time!' :oops: :oops:

If you'r worried, I'd phone the surgery or the chemist. They will put your mind at rest I'm sure, and its better than worrying. Bet we've all done something like that at times. Take care.

Love Sue
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thanks for the advice woodbon but I really have to admit that frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn! DD (who has done her morning meds just as she should)
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Hi DD

Did you have a good holiday? Hope you are feeling good.

We should call you DJ DD as you mix it up (the meds!). :lol:

Its a wonder we don't do this more often with all the different pills we have to take every day!

Hope you are having a decent day today.

Keep smiling :lol: Carol
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi DD,

I would say not taking your meds is a sign of how fab you must be feeling and how arthritis is taking a back seat at the moment...and how you must still be holiday mode and not back into humdrum daily routine ...

I have forgotten mine in the past ... and usually because I was feeling good and the pain didn't remind me ...

Speedy

PS Have you done/planned when to do your walk today?
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Nope. Been bone idle. Shocking. DD
  • speedalong
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Nope. Been bone idle. Shocking. DD

No meds forgiveable ...

But if you don't walk today - you've already broken the habit!! Get off your bum!!

Speedy

(I haven't done a walk today yet either ...!!)
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I didn't even manage to do the ironing! I am now sitting here waiting for first pupil to show, he was due at 3.45 but, despite the fact its written in his homework book, he's not here. That tells me that a)homework has not been done while I've been away and b) I should have rung the family yesterday to remind them. I should have learned by now that my families need spoonfeeding when it comes to remembering appointments! DD
  • speedalong
    Options
    Take a little walk up the street and see if he is on his way!! :lol::lol::lol:

Though seriously - my friend teaches piano and has the same problem with some of her pupils - either arriving late or parents arriving late to collect them ...

Speedy
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's sooooo frustrating - plus I REALLY need the money! Hope you've had a good day - I might as well go and do some ironing now, the next one's due at 4.45 and I know he's coming! DD
  • speedalong
    Options
    Well really they should pay whether they turn up or not, unless they ring to explain and rearrange with good reason ... will you ring later to say you were expecting them ... It's not good enough really is it?

Maybe you should make them pay for lessons in advance or in blocks - a bit like evening classes/driving lessons ...

Speedy
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi damsel!

sorry your pupil hasn't turned up :shock: not good enough!!!

speedy's right..you should get them to pay in advance...bet they wouldn't be so lax about keeping their appointments then!

about forgetting to take meds.... I find the worst ones to remember to take are the antibiotics that have to be taken either on an empty stomach or an hour before food. :roll: ...hopeless... it'll be a miracle if I ever take them 'on time' and comply with the way they're meant to be swallowed!

hope your next pupil is with you now!

Iris xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,477
    Options
    Think it'#s a bit off really DD :?

I would never not ring and appologise if I cant make an apt :shock:

Very very rude :shock:

So there

PS I have sent my ironing round to Elna - just a tip :wink:

Love

Toni xx

Who is very gald to see you :wink:
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi DD & Toni :D

you're second and third in line...Elna's got my ironing to do first.! :lol::lol::lol:

Iris xx
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Ironing?????

As I say, every cloud has a silver lining ...... and one of the silver linings of all this illness I choose to be is NO IRONING!!

I deteste ironing (aside from bed covers) so I say to myself that ironing aggrevates my swellings so I shouldn't iron.

There ...... problem solved! :lol:

Carol A.K.A. Miss CrinkleWrinkles
  • frogmorton
    Options
    You joined the club Carol??

On chit chat?

Love Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I've forgotten again. Ho-hum. Go and do them now, I suppose. DD
  • frogmorton
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I've forgotten again. Ho-hum. Go and do them now, I suppose. DD

DOH!!!!
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Off for bloods now. I loved my two weeks sans bloods and meth stabbings. Back to s****ng reality now. Life sux. DD
  • speedalong
    Options
    Are you going to carry on with meth? Or give it a go without?

Time to start planning and saving for the next holiday ...

Speedy
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi DD

Glad you had a few weeks respite and of feeling good.

You said in another posting that your CRP and ESR have been in the hundreds previously.. can I be nosy and ask how high did they get and what are they now?

I have a bit of an obsesson about CRP and ESR levels..both mine were over 100 (2 years ago), then over a period of about 18 months came down gradually and last October (on 15 mgs Mtx) my CRP was 2 and ESR 18. !! Unfortunately they are creeping up again and my last CRP was 19 and ESR 44.

A doctor friend of mine tells me off for being so obsessed about them but I can't help it!! Every month when I've had bloods taken I can't wait for the next day to phone the Rheumy Nurse and get my CRP/ESR/LFT resuts..

Marion
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am going to write to my consultant. As I've just told frog, I do feel so much better without that damned poison running thro me. Humira and pred is all I need. Stuff naproxen too. DD (who is grumpy and feeling militant so is now going away for a cuppa and a cool-down).